Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Mag Drill Turned into a Drill Press.....

I made a table To turn my Mag drill into a drill press Works on all small pcs.I can drill stainless,Copper,Alum.,Plastic What ever.
    Vernon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vernon; 11-25-2009 at 09:35 PM.

nice job it looks good

That's smart.

I've done that with a small segment of beam, in my trailer shop. Vernon, do you have the adapter to use twist bits in yours. I do and it is awesome. I have a Milwaukee and its almost new. My old drill press at the home shop does most of the grunt work.

Peace,
    Paul

nice work it so it should work well for your needs.

Talking Mag drill

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Seaman View Post
    I've done that with a small segment of beam, in my trailer shop. Vernon, do you have the adapter to use twist bits in yours. I do and it is awesome. I have a Milwaukee and its almost new. My old drill press at the home shop does most of the grunt work.

Peace,
    Paul
    Paul,

No do not have the adapter to use twist bit in mag drill may get one some day.I have a Hougan 2 3/8" by 3" cap. That a a big hole. Well take care
    Vernon

Big hole indeed, I would recommend the adapter and chuck. Cool plate press for your mag drill!

Default Adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Seaman View Post
    Big hole indeed, I would recommend the adapter and chuck. Cool plate press for your mag drill!
    Does your adapter use a 3/4" shank With flat spot for set screw

Default Drawlings Of Mag Drill and Base

I just found some of my drawlings today of this Mag Drill. Draw this before I built the Mag Drill Base Many Years ago. Vernon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon View Post
    Does your adapter use a 3/4" shank With flat spot for set screw
    Here is a picture of the Hougen adapter.
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.