Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nice Table Palongee

I would like to duplicate your design and make a similar table for my shop. I too, am just learning to TIG and need a sit down place to weld. You did a beautiful job from what I can see..... (I have the same floor problem, nothing level)

I do have a couple of questions. How did you attach the top, and just out of curiosity, why did you make it 34" tall?

thanks for sharing,

mike

Default thanks

Thanks for the comments! The table has worked out very nicely. I would have like to have drilled and bolted the top on but I opted to weld it, I made probably a dozen small welds on the underside here and there, I did make small welds with the thought of removing it down the road if I ever needed to. I had a nice stool and 34" to the top is what I came up with that would be a comfortable and usable height. The top was already cut, so I built the table around the piece that I found. Im still lacking a torch holder, ill get to that eventually. Heres a pic of my big table, its been really handy as well. If you would like measurements, ill hook you up! Thanks. Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by m.k.swelding View Post
    I like the table. only one problem that I would have with it i need to have room to walk all the way around.
    Could be out in the middle of floor just don't have alot of room in my small shop.
    Vernon

Nice...... thanks for sharing

mike

That is very nice. I need to find myself a good table. I'm gona have to have an outside table for stick also.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock40 View Post
    Now thats a nice table.

Has anyone tried the table Northen Tool sells?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...2949_200342949

For Tig in a small shop, I like the looks of it. Folds up, and can be used in different positions. I'd like to get one but the stores don't carry it so that means paying for it before you see it.

Just wondering if it's worth the price.
    I bought one of those from Airgas here in San Diego. It's lightweight but it works okay. I still want to build a workbench though.
    DYNASTY 200SD
    COOLMATE 1
    MM140AS
    SPOOLMATE 100
    SPECTRUM 625 X-TREME
    SPECTRUM 125C

Thanks for the responses, some good ideas for sure. I have a monster roller what I am looking for is a strong light desk type so I can get my legs under it again Palongee has great table.

This My big Roller
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mountain Metal
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Coolmate 1
    Miller Trailblazer 302 W/ Kohler
    Miller Suitcase 12VS Wire feeder
    Weldcraft 26 TIG Torch
    Miller 210
    Spoolmate 3035
    Thermal Dynamics 51 Plasma
    Victor O/A