Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SignWave, since you cant make it as a welder maybe you can try your hand as a stand up comic, maybe we will see you on the blue collar tour.

Next time you call somebody out you should take the time and find a little back ground information on them before you call them a lier.

Look up Propulsion on the Motorsports Board and check out some of the parts that I manufacture and the Certifications that I hold and if you think you still have game then bring it.

I have seen some of ^^^^ work and it is some of the nicest Ive seen. I would also agree that thicker material is a bit easier to work with.

Here is a pic of a fused weld on a turndown on an exhaust, its .065 wall 316 tubing. The beads are a bit spaced apart but it wont hurt anything thats what happens when you get in a hurry.

Stu
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Propulsion View Post
    SignWave, since you cant make it as a welder maybe you can try your hand as a stand up comic, maybe we will see you on the blue collar tour.

Next time you call somebody out you should take the time and find a little back ground information on them before you call them a lier.

Look up Propulsion on the Motorsports Board and check out some of the parts that I manufacture and the Certifications that I hold and if you think you still have game then bring it.
    What in blazes are you talking about? do you think im dissing you? Im not. and yes you do weld far better than I do, So I dont understand why you seem to need to give me the gears.

If a guy cant make a little joke (and it wasnt even directed at you), whats the point of even trying to make people laugh.

I'll go post my cyberwelds joke somewhere else, Sorry to have upset you. I'll try to keep it on a professional level within your posts from this point on. I trust the remainder of your day will prove to be satisfying to your needs.
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

sure. making people smile is ALWAYS WORTH IT

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Standard modern lathe
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    little dog

Yes you're right.....you very very right. and thats spelled "liar"
    I dont recall using that word... hmph.

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Standard modern lathe
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    little dog

y'know, I dont have a whole lot of experience welding and I dont mind. I dont need to brag about what I can do. I see no point in it because no matter how good I think I might be, theres always, ALWAYS someone who is better.

Im done and I apologize to the other members here who may stumble across this post. I meant no harm.

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Standard modern lathe
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    little dog

SignWave,

I take offense to you insinuating that the pics that I displayed on this board is that of somebody else and not of my own work. I have no interest in entertaining this issue with you anyfurther. My Apologizes to the Board for waisting your time with this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by boldfabrication View Post
    I have seen some of ^^^^ work and it is some of the nicest Ive seen. I would also agree that thicker material is a bit easier to work with.

Here is a pic of a fused weld on a turndown on an exhaust, its .065 wall 316 tubing. The beads are a bit spaced apart but it wont hurt anything thats what happens when you get in a hurry.

Stu
    Boldfabrication,

I am Sorry you got mixed up in this, and I enjoyed your pics, thanks for sharing.

Default Thank's all.....

Lots of good advice here. I've been mig's & stick'n for so long it's perhaps more of a stubborn resistance thing. Tig'n will be for my own pleasure as I am lucky enough to have two other guys in the shop that can handle the work. But I am going to learn, use all your guys advice and post some results soon. I think I'm going to haul off and get me another tig and practice at home then show up some day at work and hopefully show everyone, "hey what are you guys talking about? I can tig)!

Thanks everyone especially for the inspiration!
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

I learned to TIG on an aluminum boat almost thirty years ago. My instruction went like this. Can you weld with a torch? Yes. Ok, this is the torch, this is the rod. Now do it, lol. This guy was originally hired to sweep the shop. Turns out he was school trained on aluminum and alloys. He was and still is the best I ever saw with a TIG. If you can torch weld aluminum then tigging it is easy. The rest of the tig I figured out on my own mostly by reading a lot of books. I never have gotten tig welding pipe down, but that is mostly due to a cratered wrist. I do admire the guys who do it, and a definite trick to walking it.
    Lincoln: Eagle 10,000, Weld-Pak HD, Weld-Pak 155, AC-225, LN-25 wirefeeder
    Miller: Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner
    Westinghouse: 400+ amp AC
    ThermalArc Handy wirefeeder
    1 Harris, 3 Victor O/A rigs
    Arcair gouger
    Too many other power toys to list.

Do it right, do it once. And in all things ya get what ya pay for.