Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: welding truck

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Carroll View Post
    There isnt much work going on right now.I think the Miller may be hurting you too. Most (not all) pipeline guys want Lincolns. The colors are kinda goofy too, the red graphics with a blue bed and shiny shapes stuck everywhere. Im not trying to be mean, its just really personalized.
    yeah i know the graphics turn alot of people away from the truck. when i bought it(the truck with regular bed), the guy couldn't sell the truck cuase of the paint so i got a good deal.

but it is a now a work truck. its made to be used not look good. if someone is turned away from it cause the looks aren't the best ever, then they are an idiot cuase you won't find another one set up this nice for this price. if the buyer is that worried about what a welding truck looks like, they should check their gender and probably buy a miata. haha
    Last edited by ingin689; 11-13-2009 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sae350 View Post
    really nice rig. I think it's worth $21000. I know lots of rig welders running millers. You couldn't put that kind of rig together for that price.
    New power plant going up out here in AZ if you wanted to try and put it to work?
    You want 6500 for the machine right?
    thanks, there are alot of millers out there just like you said....its a losing arguement just like.....whats better, ford or chevy? lol

what kind of work is going on there? structural? i've been looking into moving around the phoenix area.

yeah i'd take $6500 for the welder.

Nice looking rig.

Colours can be changed.

Power unit is nice.

Deck appears to be well laid out.

I'm not a Miller Fan, but the welder is more than stout for most applications.

Wire feed capability is a nice touch.

If I was in the market for a truck (and closer) I'd buy it.

The colour combination may be a little off putting, but a good vinyl graphics shop could have that cleared up in an afternoon.

I hope you get your price.
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    Nice looking rig.

Colours can be changed.

Power unit is nice.

Deck appears to be well laid out.

I'm not a Miller Fan, but the welder is more than stout for most applications.

Wire feed capability is a nice touch.

If I was in the market for a truck (and closer) I'd buy it.

The colour combination may be a little off putting, but a good vinyl graphics shop could have that cleared up in an afternoon.

I hope you get your price.

thanks, if those designs were vinyl, they'd already be off. they r painted over the factory paint whoever did them did a nice job but they look dumb.

Yup - I understood that those were painted on... I meant that a good graphics shop could figure out something colour matching to the bed that they could overlay on top of them to cover them up until such time as a "proper" paint job was feaseable.

Then again, some folks would be happy with the cover-up, while others really couldn't care one way or the other in the first place.

I really think that the whole colour thing is a non-issue.

Hopefully the right guy (or gal) see your rig, and picks it up.
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Diesel 4x4 2 in lift flowmaster exhaust. I would trade you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ingin689 View Post
    thanks, there are alot of millers out there just like you said....its a losing arguement just like.....whats better, ford or chevy? lol

what kind of work is going on there? structural? i've been looking into moving around the phoenix area.

yeah i'd take $6500 for the welder.
    Coolidge is where the power plant is going up. Its about 60 miles from phoenix. Lots of pipe and structural. I can pm you a contact number if you want.
    Good price for the machine. Im looking to buy one and will keep you in mind.
    2007 dodge 3500 cummins

Coolidge is where the power plant is going up. Its about 60 miles from phoenix. Lots of pipe and structural. I can pm you a contact number if you want.

yeah if you could pm me a contact number for that job, that would be greatly apriciated. i'd love to do some strucual down there.

Default Power Plant

SAE: Is that all the dirt work going on west of I-10, or is it over by Florence?

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"