Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Some pics of an old bumper.

I built this bumper out of six inch channel, half inch square tubing, some x metal, and quarter inch plate. I built it back in 2003. Used an old hand crank Hobart a buddy had and a port a torch rig.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bobcat 225
    Radnor o/a
    An assortment of
    other tools and toys.

The one DANO!

heavy bumper for a little truck

Default Heavy duty

Quote Originally Posted by m.k.swelding View Post
    heavy bumper for a little truck
    I have run over some small pine trees and what not. I held up pretty good. The main reason I built it was for the deer that kept running out in front of the truck and damaging the sheet metal. After I built it I never had another one run out in front of me while driving it. Go figure. It really does not weigh that much. I can hold it up with one hand propped on my leg and start the bolts in the brackets.
    Bobcat 225
    Radnor o/a
    An assortment of
    other tools and toys.

The one DANO!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigiron View Post
    I built this bumper out of six inch channel, half inch square tubing, some x metal, and quarter inch plate. I built it back in 2003. Used an old hand crank Hobart a buddy had and a port a torch rig.
    I pity the fool that pulls out in front of you!!! Looks good and sturdy and could do some damage if an idiot decides to pull out in front of you or if something on 4 legs jumps out in front of you such as Bambi's mom or dad. My brother wants me to build him a deer proof bumper but he never comes out my way when he's in the state.
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate