Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So it seems that the boats coming a couple of days (daze) early. I got a call from the guy that owns it and if all goes well.... should be here soon.
    I dont know whether to be excisted or scared!!! Hahahahah!!

Dont feel as if you're critisizing man, I dont mind. Another opinion is always good to ground perpectives..
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Post materials

ok so I got my material ordered along with a few gas lenses. I'm also looking at a compound miter chop saw. any suggestions? I know ........stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyways. what's the best cutting blade for aluminum? ya ya ya .................I know I know I know !..........................
    the price of Aluminum is CRAZY ! two 24 foot (1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1/8") round cornered square aluminum tube cost me $200 without taxes. Add 14 % to that. Thats insane ........................

dustyhaze75
    Syncro250DX Tigrunner
    Victor set
    Elite auto-helmet
    Dewalt Bench grinder
    Mastercraft miter saw
    Mac air tools
    Mac hand tools
    Toothbrush
    pencil
    toilet paper

yeah it aint cheap...

Freud makes a great non ferrous blade (called a "triple chip"). .if you cant find this name brand you'll need at least 80 carbide teeth (100 is better) on a 10'' blade. 0 degree rake and I think the kirf is 1/8th of an inch. this blade should set you back about 50- 80 bucks.
    as for chop saws, I have a delta compound miter and its a very nice rig for what i need it to do. You might want to consider a sliding compound saw cause then you can cut wider boards... not just 2x4's and the like.

I'll have to price out that size Aluminum down here.. i bought two 20' sticks of 1x1 and it cost me 80 some dollars if recall .

wher are you in the cariboo?

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Standard modern lathe
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    little dog

Thumbs up

I'm originally from the Island but am living in williams Lake..............for now! the only reason we're here is because my wife has a good job. If something happens to that job we'll sell and move. after living in calgary and down on the coast I kinda feel like I'm living at a truck stop. logging truck's and gas stations as far as the eye can see.......lol lol. I can go anywhere and drive truck or run hiab but my wife can't afford to quit her job. I'm not driving now so it also gives me more time to weld.......BURN ...BABY.....BURN. anything you want to do is twice as hard when you live here. There's not even a powdercoat company here. so anything you need has to be ordered in. It's a pain in the ***. The company I deal with for all my miller needs and for my material is called Tasco supply's. this company has been Phenomenal. they've done so much for me, I don't know where to begin. the guy I deal with there is Eli Bergen. This guy is amazing. He should be reconized by miller for his efforts and professionalism. he'll bend over backwards for you, swim a river, climb a mountin and spend 2 hour's on the phone just to help you find some information. Information I should have had before I even walked into the place. It's like ive gone back into the 50's. he has Exellent customer service skills. then I drive through tim hortins to get a coffee and BAM ............back to 2007. lol. there's anouther company here for miller gear but the sales rep doesen't know if his own @ss is attached. He doesen't seem to want to help you. His only comments are I don't know or we dont have it, without even looking in a book. After my first experience there Ive never gone back. Everything I got came from tasco supplys. williams lake is not a bad place in the summer, I just have a hard time doing my thing here. I can't just go down town and pick up a product. everything I need usually has to be ordered in and if you get the wrong product the process starts over again. usually costing a month's time. It's a huge waiting game. it starts to get old. wtf am i living in africa or something. there is however alot of room for comercial groth. for the 10 people that live here .........lol. this place needs alot of things like a sand blasting company and a powder coat company etc. etc. the list goes on and on. but hey we got lots of car washes, liquor stores and gas stations.........lmao lmao ........that's all that matters.....eh? lol. thanks for the blade info.

Steve.
    Last edited by Dustyhaze75; 10-30-2007 at 04:26 AM.
    Syncro250DX Tigrunner
    Victor set
    Elite auto-helmet
    Dewalt Bench grinder
    Mastercraft miter saw
    Mac air tools
    Mac hand tools
    Toothbrush
    pencil
    toilet paper

100 mile is sorta the same. Blink and you'll miss it, but I rather be there than here. except when it comes time to go fishing.. there is no salt water up there...lotsa fresh though... blink and you 'll run into it! we have a plcae just outside of Lone Butte. An even Smaller place. Theres a racetrack fuels that is run by the cheapest and I mean cheapest guy in the world (thats a story in itself) , an I cecream parlour, a little diner, a sovenir shop, tackle shop, service garage, and a huge pub. Go figure... anyway, its the country side thats nice there. nothing like seeing a moose in your back yard..

that non ferrous blade is also good for cutting palstics and other composites.. it ownt work worth beans on wood.

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Standard modern lathe
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    little dog

Talking

I miss the ocean. I smell the ocean and it's like i'm smelling home, a part of my childhood. know what I mean? If your into fly fishing or river fishing wl is good for that. not only do you get to see wildlife here but you also get to see drunks and junkies hanging out in the parks. It's like a real zoo and everything, lmao. it's real clean and classy lol lol. but like you say the surrounding areas are beautiful. the thing is, I live in w.l. and still have to drive like 2-4 hours just to get to a decent lake or river. the lakes and rivers that are near w.l. are dirty and over populated. It's ok if you want to listen to a bunch of loud school kids party all night. charlotte lake, quesnel forks, and raft creek are nice spots if you want to stay close to w.l. but I want to take longer trips and venture out further. Take like 7 days and hit some nice lakes and rivers. we did a 6 day hike one year with a bunch of friends and seen some amazing lakes with no roads going to them. Plane access only. now these are trully beautiful lakes. one lake had white sandy beaches like we were in hawaii with huge ice capped mountins in the background. next summer we're going to the island for our hollidays, but mabey I'll be able to fit a trip in before the summer ends. I can't cut wood with that blade? lol lol
    just joking .........lol. can you picture me trying to burn my way through a piece of wood? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ive only been ocean fishing a few times. Ive done lots of salmon fishing in rivers but can you imagine fishing tuna? that would be insane. one year we were in the canals of bella coola jigging in a 14' boat. little did we know that around noon the wind picks up speed due to the deep canals in the area we were at and created like 15 - 16 foot waves and they were growing. the boat would actually travel backwards on the down slope of the swell. we had to seek refuge in a bay with a single dock and one commercial fishing boat. the guy said he was watching us and thought we were not going to make it. that was fun. we caught lots of fish thoe..........lol. then that night the tourists next to us at the camp site diddent know any better and put all thier crab shells, seafood etc. in trash cans and left it out all night. the next morning everything outside was destroyed. Every bear in the province came for lunch. that was a fun trip................................. let's hear the racetrack fuels story ....lol
    Last edited by Dustyhaze75; 10-30-2007 at 08:49 PM.
    Syncro250DX Tigrunner
    Victor set
    Elite auto-helmet
    Dewalt Bench grinder
    Mastercraft miter saw
    Mac air tools
    Mac hand tools
    Toothbrush
    pencil
    toilet paper

Default squeak squeak squeak

It gets cold in them thar hills when winter sets in. Last year, the korean owner of the station who barely speaks english let his frost free outside fawcet freeze up...and it split, leaked and got turned off or so he thought. Well in the spring,actually late spring the missus and I went to the cabin for some r&r. We have no running water, no well and no power. We rely on water we truck in, in 60 gallon barrels. we have four of these and this usually lasts us the summer. We have a solar power set up that provides us with enough electricity to pump the water in these barrels to the sink and shower.

Anyway, we went to go and fill up our barrels as we usually do at the gas station. we get there, begin to fill, get half way done the first barrel and I says to the missus that the pressure seems down from last year. About that same time the guy comes running out screaming at us to stop filling! Stop filling. No water here no water here! You somewhere else. No water here!!

We spend alot of money on fuel and sundries at this place as it is the nearest grocery in the area otherwise we have to run into 100mile. So i ask him why no water.. he say "broken ! no water you go elswhere..."
    Im a handy guy, And I like to help people when I can.. SO i ask him to show me the pipe. he says to me. " oh.. you no trust me.." uhg..
    I say back to him: no I want to see maybe I can fix it"
    I already know I can fix it for him, I just need to know what i have to get.. So, he shows me.. and its a simple twenty dollar fix. maybe 20 bucks more to run around and get parts to fix it. Country price- the neighbourly thing to do.
    So i tell him, I'll fix it for you. he says, the part cost 25 dollars at the hardware store...

We drive to Kamloops some three hours away for the day. Good thing it was a combination trip. We go to home depot i find the part for 14.00 bucks. I buy it. We do some touristy things whilethere and at twilight we start our way back north to Lone Butte. we get stopped by the conservation officers along the way too. I guess i look like a poacher... Anyway the next day I go to put the peice in for him, And he goes cheap. He asks me how much I want to do it. I say oh I dont know .. how about fifty bucks? I figure thats more than fair. A real plumber would have charged him three times as much.. The firken guy say to me.. no you do it for 40.00 dalla.. I tell him thats not enough. I would like to have fifty dollars. I think its fair, we spend alot of money in your store and you'll see the return in no time.. he says to me the cheap ---tard. "you go now, too expensive. no want you fix it." So im stuck with a frost free fawcett, a shocked disbelief of how stingy some can be and no water.. to this day there is still no water.. and that was last june.

I often think of making a sign I can put on the side of his building..
    that says something along the lines of "I'm a cheap Bast-rd"... I haven't done it yet. I figure the world will take care of him soon enough. Another idea I had was to get people to ask him if he had any running water so that they could fill up their potable water tanks... This little station is so busy in the summer. you owuld not believe it..
    they sell gas, food, booze, hardware, and nicknacks... cheap bastar.....so thats my race fuels story. I hope you readers had a laugh..at least.

that methylene chloride sorta worked but kinda didnt either. I'll have to go get a can of poly strippa, same stuff as in the spray can, just a different namebrand and packaging method.

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Standard modern lathe
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    little dog

Default last stop for water .............

it's still not fixed? Unbelievable ! are we still in canada or what? I'd boil swamp water before I went back. sounds like you guys got your self's a pretty neat little set up, with the solar power and all. Any fire hydrants around?"wink wink" lol. It's amazing how far some people will go just to make your day that much harder. my kid could solder pipe. how is it still broken? mabey he's just too lazy or just doesent care. what if I had a pregnant wife going into labor and I had emergency rad problems. Can't fit a jug in the bathroom sink and a dixie cup just aint going to cut it.
    Syncro250DX Tigrunner
    Victor set
    Elite auto-helmet
    Dewalt Bench grinder
    Mastercraft miter saw
    Mac air tools
    Mac hand tools
    Toothbrush
    pencil
    toilet paper

I Live in Ensenada Baja California, around 75 miles south of the border with San Diego

Guys I read the whole tread, and have a question: signwave what about the alum boat?

I am very much into boats, ANY boat metal o aluminim, sailboat, row boat, powerboat you name it ha ha ha
    A C T I O N ! ! !

Gman, check out "who enjoys a challenge" if yo read from page one you can see pics and the like of the boat. Enjoy!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Standard modern lathe
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    little dog