Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter project

Default Winter project

Well it is cold and raining. I have to say it feels like winter. So does anyone want to share what their winter project is going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by DDM powersports View Post
    Well it is cold and raining. I have to say it feels like winter. So does anyone want to share what their winter project is going to be?
    Hopefully an 82 GL1100 restoration with some custom fab work added to it and a nice paint job (haven't decided on color or scheme yet though). Additionally get the garage all organized and a new welding bench and some new stuff from JD2.
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Hopefully starting an early bronco project. Just trying to figure out if i want to buy a used frame or make one.

The last few weeks have felt like winter here, but it's finally nice today and suppose to be nice all next week. Good to see the farmers in the fields again so they can tear some more stuff up for me to fix

As far as projects - I was getting ready to start on an '80 3/4T Chevy 3+3 truck. Going to pull the cab and do a little fixin on it, blast the frame, replace the worn out 350 with a 468 Big Block, build a flatbed with underbody boxes, and of course paint. Going to use this truck to haul the race car and crew to the races next year. But, got a couple of utility trailers to build first, then a buddy brought his new Polaris Ranger over yesterday wanting a cab made for it - that will be a bit of a challenge I guess the truck is going to have to wait a few months....

well its in the upper 70s and sunny here
    i want to make a smoker this winter

Default projects

I have two more drag frames to build. Then I will build my 5 year old son a little drag bike. Hey Blondie_486 JD2's factory is about 30 mins from my house. I use to know a couple of guy from up their. I could go dig threw their scrap bins for you. LOL!!

ill be stretching and lifting a golf cart if I can find a good donor cart.

I have two more drag frames to build. Then I will build my 5 year old son a little drag bike. Hey Blondie_486 JD2's factory is about 30 mins from my house. I use to know a couple of guy from up their. I could go dig threw their scrap bins for you. LOL!!
    Cool deal!!! I need a tubing notcher, I was thinking of the Notch Master and Model 32 tube bender with hydraulics to start with!!! That should keep me busy for awhile building a chopper frame and some other projects.
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Fix up the welding area in our factory.
    2 Miller Dynasty 350's
    Miller Axcess 450
    Miller Syncrowave 350
    Miller XMT 350 CC/CV
    2 Miller XMT 304's
    2 Miller CP250-TS's
    Lincoln Power MIG 300 with
    Cobra Max push-pull gun
    Lincoln WP 250 G9 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by youfoundtheking View Post
    ill be stretching and lifting a golf cart if I can find a good donor cart.
    I saw this on another forum. Looked like a good way to get a donor! LOL!
    http://http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704107204574473724099542430.html[/URL]