Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Inherited

Default Inherited

Hi Ya'll,

New to the board, and have a question.. Inherited a Lincoln LN-25 semi-automatic wire feeder... Can I use this with my Miller Bobcat 225NT??????

Some say yes and some say no... Not sure... Can anyone help me or lead me in the right direction???

Thanks
    Wehavecows

Default Ln-25

Quote Originally Posted by WEHAVECOWS View Post
    Hi Ya'll,

New to the board, and have a question.. Inherited a Lincoln LN-25 semi-automatic wire feeder... Can I use this with my Miller Bobcat 225NT??????

Some say yes and some say no... Not sure... Can anyone help me or lead me in the right direction???

Thanks
    Wehavecows
    Yep, sure can! Do you know how to hook it up?

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Quote Originally Posted by davedarragh View Post
    yep, sure can! Do you know how to hook it up?

Dave

can you help me????

Default Ln-25

It's pretty easy. There's a lead (probably a 4/0) that comes out of the back of the feeder. Depending on what type of connector the original owner was using (it can always be changed), that will connect to your "+" lead (for MIG or FCAW-gs) terminal on the Bobcat. If using FCAW-ss you'll connect it to the "DC-" terminal of the Bobcat.

There is a voltage sensing "ground clamp" on the feeder that must be attached to your work piece along with the Bobcat's ground clamp to complete the "circuit."

These are what's known as "Voltage Sensing Wire Feeders" or "Across the Arc" feeders, using arc voltage/current to operate.

The Bobcat has a "Wire" selection on the Process Selection switch (probably wire lo/hi) and you "fine tune" the voltage with the "Fine Tune" knob.

There should be a chart inside the LN-25 lid with volts/amps/WFS for the different diameter of wire. If you've never used a VS feeder, they're not hard to learn. You'll just have to "play" with it, to get it "dialed" in to your Bobcat.

I hope it came with a gun, and an assortment of drive rolls and tips.

The LN-25 is a VERY good feeder. If I left out anything in my set-up outline, I'm sure fellow members will chime in.

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

When buying a ln25 for a 97 bobcat 225nt what do i need too look for or stay away from? I know i need it to have a gas contactor and a 300 amp gun. I am looking for abay cheapie then save for a better feeder. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks