Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Firewall Project

I'm ready to rebuild the firewall. I cut the flanges out today for the intercooler tubes to pass through the firewall. I'll turn them down on the lathe & weld them in place & shape the sheet metal around them.

Cool

Those are nice parts...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

looking good keep the pics coming
    gary...

Thanks glh. Got the flanges turned this weekend.

I put a groove around the edge of the flange for the firewall sheet metal. Once I install the o-ring and get in place I'll check the new gap with a feeler gauge and make a soft gasket to seal the flange to the firewall

Engine side of the flange bored to size for the tubes.

Got everything mocked up. The flanges on the windshield will be added to the inlet side. I'll turn those once I get the V-band clamp. Should be here any day. The outlet side attaches to the carb bonnet with hose & clamp.

Made a little more progress. I put the ol' foam mock up engine in it to make sure I get the angles right before I do any welding.

I've been runnin' the lathe off & on the last few days & got the V-Band clamp flanges done.

Assembled and ready to TIG together

one more check to make sure everything fits like it should.

Just a quick question for you. The lathe in the pictures wouldn't happen to be an older Hendey would it?
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate

Nope, it's a Southbend.

that looks like it could be better than stock