Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jackson, MI
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Current picture of trailer and what gets hauled on it.


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5

    Thumbs up

    Would love to have the dimensions and where you purchased your hardware at. What gauge was your sheet metal?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Island Falls Maine
    Posts
    562

    Default

    looks real good. but did you save a money building a box vs buying one.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6

    Default

    CK

    I was reading your post and trying to think of some nasty joking comment to post. However, l look at you as being an ARTISAN and there is absolutely nothing I can say other than what you build is QUALITY. You make me ENVY you to the utmost !

    I do have some questions, tho. Did you build the trailer frame ? I would imagine you did, since I haven't seen a mobile home frame that has that secondary bracing that is in yours.

    How long did it take to build it ?

    How much does it weigh ? And do you have any idea what the capacity is ?

    I have a trailer that I have put almost 5 tons on but the steel rails bowed/sagged some and I would like to have a trailer, even if it has to have oak rails, that would carry more than what I have.

    Roger

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6

    Default

    MKS

    WHO CARES if CK saved any $$$$ ? When you build something, it is YOURS and it doesn't matter if it cost you TEN TIMES what you could have bought it from Horrible Fright ?!?

    Or TWENTY times from McMaster....

    Today, I spent most of the afternoon building a frame for a pump to filter oil for my diesel truck. I could have bought one for about a hundo but I still have the SATISFACTION of knowing it is MINE. And I still forsee another weekend fixing what I did today....

    Do you have children ? The main rule in life is that YOU PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN ! No matter what.

    I protect my projects, even if they take me WEEKS to build.

    It's what he wanted and if he needs to modify it, he knows what to do.


    Got that ?

    Roger

    (flame suit ON !)

    PS
    CK
    How did that one beer commercial say, several years ago ?

    LOVE YOU, MAN !

    Quote Originally Posted by m.k.swelding View Post
    looks real good. but did you save a money building a box vs buying one.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jackson, MI
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwswelding View Post
    Would love to have the dimensions and where you purchased your hardware at. What gauge was your sheet metal?
    If you slow down and read my original post, you'll see that I already listed where the hardware came from and what gauge steel I used.


  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jackson, MI
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m.k.swelding View Post
    looks real good. but did you save a money building a box vs buying one.
    Compared to what? You can't buy a toolbox like this one.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jackson, MI
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rlrsk8r View Post
    CK

    I was reading your post and trying to think of some nasty joking comment to post. However, l look at you as being an ARTISAN and there is absolutely nothing I can say other than what you build is QUALITY. You make me ENVY you to the utmost !

    I do have some questions, tho. Did you build the trailer frame ? I would imagine you did, since I haven't seen a mobile home frame that has that secondary bracing that is in yours.

    How long did it take to build it ?

    How much does it weigh ? And do you have any idea what the capacity is ?

    I have a trailer that I have put almost 5 tons on but the steel rails bowed/sagged some and I would like to have a trailer, even if it has to have oak rails, that would carry more than what I have.

    Roger
    Check out this and let me know if you have any more specific questions about it.

    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ead.php?t=2038

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 74

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.