Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Current picture of trailer and what gets hauled on it.

Thumbs up

Would love to have the dimensions and where you purchased your hardware at. What gauge was your sheet metal?

looks real good. but did you save a money building a box vs buying one.

CK

I was reading your post and trying to think of some nasty joking comment to post. However, l look at you as being an ARTISAN and there is absolutely nothing I can say other than what you build is QUALITY. You make me ENVY you to the utmost !

I do have some questions, tho. Did you build the trailer frame ? I would imagine you did, since I haven't seen a mobile home frame that has that secondary bracing that is in yours.

How long did it take to build it ?

How much does it weigh ? And do you have any idea what the capacity is ?

I have a trailer that I have put almost 5 tons on but the steel rails bowed/sagged some and I would like to have a trailer, even if it has to have oak rails, that would carry more than what I have.

Roger

MKS

WHO CARES if CK saved any $$$$ ? When you build something, it is YOURS and it doesn't matter if it cost you TEN TIMES what you could have bought it from Horrible Fright ?!?

Or TWENTY times from McMaster....

Today, I spent most of the afternoon building a frame for a pump to filter oil for my diesel truck. I could have bought one for about a hundo but I still have the SATISFACTION of knowing it is MINE. And I still forsee another weekend fixing what I did today....

Do you have children ? The main rule in life is that YOU PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN ! No matter what.

I protect my projects, even if they take me WEEKS to build.

It's what he wanted and if he needs to modify it, he knows what to do.

Got that ?

Roger

(flame suit ON !)

PS
    CK
    How did that one beer commercial say, several years ago ?

LOVE YOU, MAN !

Quote Originally Posted by m.k.swelding View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cwswelding View Post
    Would love to have the dimensions and where you purchased your hardware at. What gauge was your sheet metal?
    If you slow down and read my original post, you'll see that I already listed where the hardware came from and what gauge steel I used.

Quote Originally Posted by m.k.swelding View Post
    Compared to what? You can't buy a toolbox like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlrsk8r View Post
    CK

I was reading your post and trying to think of some nasty joking comment to post. However, l look at you as being an ARTISAN and there is absolutely nothing I can say other than what you build is QUALITY. You make me ENVY you to the utmost !

I do have some questions, tho. Did you build the trailer frame ? I would imagine you did, since I haven't seen a mobile home frame that has that secondary bracing that is in yours.

How long did it take to build it ?

How much does it weigh ? And do you have any idea what the capacity is ?

I have a trailer that I have put almost 5 tons on but the steel rails bowed/sagged some and I would like to have a trailer, even if it has to have oak rails, that would carry more than what I have.

Roger
    Check out this and let me know if you have any more specific questions about it.

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ead.php?t=2038