Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Cool Finding High Paying Job!

My husband have been freaking out because we are both graduating and we need jobs! Seth is graduating from South Plains College in Levelland, Texas. He will have an AWS certification. He is getting an advanced degree in welding technology. He is an awesome welder with great recommendations. His professor says his schooling is worth 5 years of experience. He has also been working in a welding shop for 2 years building oil dereks and trailers. We just need help in looking for jobs! There are tons of jobs that pay about 10 an hour, but we are looking for more than that. Also it would be nice to work a company with good benifits. We want to get out of Lubbock and are really willing to go anywhere. Any ideas would be a great help!!!

I would suggest contacting Northrupp Grumman at Newport News Va. as they employ lots of welding engineers and love anyone to come to work that hasa college diploma or certification. You may find a good job for youself also. Just go to thier web site or just type in Northrupp grumman shipyard. They list all jobs on their site and even in other states.

Hope this helps
    Wheelchair

Smile Look @ PetroChem in Louisiana

The PetroChem industry is busy here . . . Look from Lake Charles and east . . . A lot of projects going on . . .Shipbuilding is also busy here in south Louisiana . . . As for a "Job with Benefits" . . . they are hard to come by in the trades in the south . . . I get my benefits through my wife's employer much like most of the trades people here do . . .

Look at the all the newspapers . . . .

http://www.kidon.com/media-link/usa.php

Good luck . . . .

Here in minnesota theres a ton of mig ang tig jobs if you want to work for 15 to 18 hr with benifits, if you head this way let me know i know of alot of places to look

thanks for the info! job searching is so stressful!

Default Wyoming is it!

Hey, with all the mining and energy jobs here in Wyoming, you can double or tripple that salary I am sure! They cry for silled people like you! I teach welding at the High School level, and often think about quitting and becoming going into welding full time...

Hope you find a great job and great salary!

PS... Wyoming is also a great place to live!

If you REALLY want to make some serious coin, you have to work for yourself and be very shrewd as to your business practice. Give people fair treatment,, quality workmanship and common courtesy and you'll have a line up so long you wont ever catch up.. Cheers and Good Luck!
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

I think your right only "real" money is working for your self, but... Very hard to get started and make the "real" money right off. Probably better off to work at a ship yard or oil field and start the business on the side. At least you'll eat while your working on starting a business....

Just my 2 cents..good luck where ever you go
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Journeymen welders get about $23 + bonus/vacation which = $26/h where I work and we need more welders.

Dakota Creek Industries. Anacortes, Washington

The Comapny I work for has openings for Structual Welders
    Starting rate of pay is $19.47 per Hr top pay $27.81 per Hr.
    plus beneifits.
    You can see the job listing here:
    http://as0.mta.info/mnr/html/employm...tural%20Welder