Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks Syncro,

I like the machine too, Im just a bit frustrated with the way the whole situtation has unfurled. PMO! Anyway, I'll waste my gas and my time to get my machine that they made fixed. Ihave had a serious run of machinery bad luck lately. I hope it has com eto an and as I am abou tready to take delivery of a CNC router table.. Man! I really dont need for it to be breaking down "right out of the box" so to say.

Another quetion: If you set pulse to say 8PPS and your amps to 100 to weld 0.125" and only step on the peddle to put out say 75 amps, are you getting full pulse or a proportionate amount?

I find that if i am not hard on the pedal, the pulses are "soft" and not until im Hard on the pedal does it seem to really light up the room. If any of htat makes sence... does you rmachine respond commensurately?
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Quote Originally Posted by SignWave View Post
    Thanks Syncro,

I like the machine too, Im just a bit frustrated with the way the whole situtation has unfurled. PMO! Anyway, I'll waste my gas and my time to get my machine that they made fixed. Ihave had a serious run of machinery bad luck lately. I hope it has com eto an and as I am abou tready to take delivery of a CNC router table.. Man! I really dont need for it to be breaking down "right out of the box" so to say.

Another quetion: If you set pulse to say 8PPS and your amps to 100 to weld 0.125" and only step on the peddle to put out say 75 amps, are you getting full pulse or a proportionate amount?

I find that if i am not hard on the pedal, the pulses are "soft" and not until im Hard on the pedal does it seem to really light up the room. If any of htat makes sence... does you rmachine respond commensurately?
    Hi,

From what I have seen on my machine, the pulse function is time-based and is independent of amperage settings. That said, it will certainly seem softer at a lower amperage setting. Nonetheless, the speed of pulse will remain where you set it. So AFAIK, the pulse has no "size" but rather only a "periodic nature", if you catch my drift.

Take my advice and get that machine fixed! You are going to love it. I traded my wonderful old 250/250 Idelarc Lincoln TIG/Stick in on my Syncrowave 200 and have never looked back, although the Lincoln was a real old trooper. It did everything well except AC aluminum. The SW 200 is pretty good all around.

Hope you get it fixed pronto~!

okay okay, Ill take the machine in and have them look at it. I'll trust ya on the "lovin' it " thing.

what does AFAIK mean?

Thanks Syncro.
    Rich

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Standard modern lathe
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    little dog

AFAIK = as far as I know.....

Duh... I knew that! I was just testing you to make sure you kneww!!!

Thanks Man. Have a great day!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Standard modern lathe
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    little dog

Wink My problem and Millers sloution

Hey Sign::::::: If you call Miller welding and tell them the deal about the gas... I can't gaurntee anything, but I'll bet they'll take care of you. I opened a small welding shop a year and a half ago, and they have went above and beyond what I have ever expected them to, as a large co.

I had a 375 that I had a few isues with for the first year and never was really satisfied with after a year and a half Miller made my dealer a deal on a 625 for me to trade my 375 in on a 625 that I could not pass up.

I'm a customer for life! No matter what! they take care of there customers!

I spent 4 hrs on the phone one day with mike in there 251 division working out a problem that I thought was a problem with the machine. Come to find out it was the way I set the machine up to begin with.

I hope you call them and let them know your not happy because they are a customer service driven co.
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    DoubleEdgeWelding@kc.rr.com
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    I have what my Big Bro JESUS has Blessed me with:
    Miller 251,Miller Syncro 180,Miller 625 Plasma Cutter
    Want to Buy a Miller PC-300
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

Thanks Blue,
    I'll be calling them in the next few days. Im pretty sure that the trouble is nothig too sreious but y'know how it is... I spend moeny and I want to spend money on stuff that works. Ive gotten alot of lemons in the last year and its getting to be troublesome.

where is that quote? you've got me thinking....

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Standard modern lathe
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    little dog

OH I totaly understand I spent 9,789.00 dollars to buy miller machines to get this buissness started and I was so disappointed in the 375.

They made it right though.
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!
    Dayton 7"x12" Horiziontal Band Saw, Dewalt 14" Abrasive,& Cold Chop Saws,4' Box/Pan Brake,Also A Complete Wood Shop. Now alls I need is a bigger shop!

Thanks Blue,
    As soon as i get a break.. Im gonna take this sucker in.. Like I said, i dont thinks its anything too major... but Im picky... (Ricky picky hehehehe...)

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Standard modern lathe
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    little dog

Hey does anyboy live in the Kansas City Area that would come to my shop and give me some help with projects from time to time its just me and smetimes I need to hire temp help Sign you know where I might look?
    I BLEED MILLER BLUE!
    GROUNDED IN FAITH!