Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Filler metal rack

Hi everyone, this will be the first time posting here. Thought I would share some pictures of the Filler Metal holder I just made out of pine and PVC. I'm a long time mig welder and just recently purchased a 300DX which I am in the process of learning how to use, so far so good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very impressive, I have mine in PVC also ... but they are just leaning against the wall Oh yeah, welcome
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Hi Hotrod

Just joined a couple of weeks ago and also just purchased my first tig too. I've been trying to think of how I want store my rods and I really like your Idea. I think I'm going to Home Depot to get some material tonight. Thanks for sharing.

Frank

The inside story,,,,,,,,,

Is that painted? or laminate

Rust-Oleum --- Sail Blue,,,,,

Great idea, ill add it to my list
    AIM: Zachary188

I dont mean to muscle in or anything but I thought this might be a good spot to show mine. Its not really a storage type like youres, its more for of a holder for them while welding. It was actually my first tig project, its built out of a bunch of scrap and some 1 1/4" EMT. If you look closely at the top of the tray there is a carrying handle that folds down on the tray. Also the tubes will lift out for cleaning or if you drop a short peice down the tube.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Whoops , forgot the picture.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Hey Pete, I was just practicing welding today and said to myself where am I going to put all these short pieces? I quess I will get a separte tube to put them all in, I like the idea of the portable rack you designed, I will definitly need to make something like that down the road,