Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Art Projects

Red face Art Projects

After getting laid off my job as a welder with the TEREX Company last November i decided to start my career in the art world. I have been making sculptures since i learned to weld! This summer i went to The Concrete Countertop Institute, to learn to work with concrete, and have been mixing the welded art with concrete work to make some interesting pieces. I have been featured in a galley In East Lansing near Michigan State University, and have participated in a few art Festivals. I will be In the Great Lakes Art Fest coming up in October. Let me know what you think of some of my Art!
    gallery eagle.jpg

gallery dreggonfly.jpg

Calli Lilly.jpg

Boot.jpg

water lilly.jpg
    Last edited by jessehornberger; 09-27-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: pictures
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Miller Spectrum 875 Plasma Cutter
    Miller Milermatic 135
    Ridgid Drill Press
    Ridgid Chop Saw
    36" Metal Break
    Harris Toarches
    English Wheel
    Ingersoll Rand, 18.1 cfm Compressor
    30 gal. Sand Blaster
    Planishing Hammer
    150lb Anvil
    10" Swing Logan Lathe

i think they look great....i hope other people with lots of money think the same

I second the fact that the pieces look great.

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Default Chess Table Project

Attached are pics of recent project, a theme chess table. It combines welding, forging, and some tile work. There are four icons set in rings on each side of the table. The rings are bent over the anvil, butt welded and rounded out on a cone mandrel. There is King (HR steel with gold leaf), Queen (hammered brass), Knight (SST), and Rook (HR steel, wire brushed). The icons were cut to a sketched pattern. Features were cold chisel and then hot chiseled. Each icon was dished to give it some shape in a hardwood block with a large wood mallet. The legs are one inch square bar that are textured and twisted. The ends of the legs are drilled to accept plastic bushings and a threaded glide for adjustment. The scrolls are fish tailed at the ends and hot wound on a scroll jig. The top is held in place by an angle iron frame. The top is 5/8 plywood with commen ceramic tiles glued on and then grouted. Since this was fun I am considering doing other theme tables. So here goes my first pic upload.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bill

Miller Mig 130XP
    Linde VI206 W/Mig
    Miller Econotig
    L Tec Plasma PCM32i
    Pneumtic Forging Hammer 75#
    Mechanical Forging Hammer 65#
    Propane Forge
    Makita Chop Saw
    Bader 72" Belt Grinder
    Bader Knockoff 72" Belt Grinder