Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: seeing double

Use glass filter plates.

Quote Originally Posted by ironrail View Post
    Use glass filter plates.
    i have never used anything but glass filter plates. i switched to a green #10 shade today and it definitely helped a lot but it's still not perfect. i bought a brand new fibre metal hood today as well. If i'm still having issues tomorrow, isn't it safe to say theres something wrong with my vision? then what?

Quote Originally Posted by JTwelder View Post
    . If i'm still having issues tomorrow, isn't it safe to say theres something wrong with my vision? then what?
    If you see double without the hood then you need to see a dr ASAP. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200
    If its only with the hood then it could be that the hood stresses or changes things "just enough" that it is bringing out an incipient condition ... Or it could be something weird with the hood.

Frank

Default seeing double

I had a friend years ago that started seeing double and something detached in his eye. They corrected it with special lens in his glasses. :-(
    Sure hope & pray that's not happening to you.
    May be time to see eye doc. Just in case

Quote Originally Posted by fjk View Post
    If you see double without the hood then you need to see a dr ASAP. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200
    If its only with the hood then it could be that the hood stresses or changes things "just enough" that it is bringing out an incipient condition ... Or it could be something weird with the hood.

Frank
    i am only seeing double while welding. i even tried other hoods and had the same issue.. i have found other message boards with people describing the exact same issue i'm having. very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by gnforge View Post
    I had a friend years ago that started seeing double and something detached in his eye. They corrected it with special lens in his glasses. :-(
    Sure hope & pray that's not happening to you.
    May be time to see eye doc. Just in case
    was he seeing double all the time?

Default seeing double

Yes. But may hv been worse or noticed 1st at night. Not sure about welding.