Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stick men

Default Stick men

I am new here and was wondering if you guys could help me out. My wife went to a store and this person had these little stick men on the counters. They were not for sale just for decoration. She said that they looked like they where made up with about 1/4 steel rod.They had ones playing sports and musical instruments. Now she wants me to make some for Xmas presents and I can't find a single picture of what she is talking about. Anybody have an idea of what these look like or where I can get a picture of these things. Thanks for your help.

Mike

Default check this out!

Check this website out http://www.greatgifts.co.nz/sport_recreation_other.html

looks simple enough to make....why buy it when you can weld it.... at least that my motto
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Miller Spectrum 875 Plasma Cutter
    Miller Milermatic 135
    Ridgid Drill Press
    Ridgid Chop Saw
    36" Metal Break
    Harris Toarches
    English Wheel
    Ingersoll Rand, 18.1 cfm Compressor
    30 gal. Sand Blaster
    Planishing Hammer
    150lb Anvil
    10" Swing Logan Lathe

That looks like it thanks for the help. I feel the same way i built the rear bumper, rock rails, engine, transfer case, and diff skids for my Jeep

Sorry need to downsize the picture next time.

Default nice jeep

here is one i am building...more of a Juggy...
    jeep.jpg
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Miller Milermatic 135
    Ridgid Drill Press
    Ridgid Chop Saw
    36" Metal Break
    Harris Toarches
    English Wheel
    30 gal. Sand Blaster
    Planishing Hammer
    150lb Anvil
    10" Swing Logan Lathe

Mike, you should really change out your steering linkages for a system that attaches the drag link to the knuckle. Bump steer will be a distant memory.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

I am in the process of gathering parts to build an OTK system. I have to finish building the gas tank skid plate first.

Default steering

Run hydraulic steering! No bump steer at all....in fact you will be able to move bumps with the side of your tire!!! Provided your knuckles hold. I used an old forklift ram, sized it for the throw of the steering and welded it in the linkage...works like a champ!
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Miller Milermatic 135
    Ridgid Drill Press
    Ridgid Chop Saw
    36" Metal Break
    Harris Toarches
    English Wheel
    30 gal. Sand Blaster
    Planishing Hammer
    150lb Anvil
    10" Swing Logan Lathe

Till the pump fails and you veer into on-coming traffic.

I kinda like to KISS on mission critical parts. Now, for a trailered trail rig - go crazy.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Some of the ones I have done.
    Attached Images Attached Images