Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Bernard parts for Q300

I recently bought a like new MM200. Not too impressed with the GA-20C although it does the job, just a little cumbersome. I found a Bernard Q300 that is set up for .045 wire. I need to get a liner, jump liner and some tips for .030 wire. Is there a place you get them?
    How do you like the Bernard gun? Seems like a really nice unit but haven't tried it as I don't have any .045 wire on hand.
    Thanks,
    David

i use the q-300 gun at work. i like it for feeding steel wires. i dont like the front end parts when it comes to feeding aluminum. other than that the q-300 handles the heat very well, has great gas coverage, and the tips stick around pretty good. i have the gun on a mm 350p. when i do use it, it is usually in a spray transfer mode. high heat and fast travel speeds. try this link too.

http://www.bernardwelds.com/
    welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
    www.sicfabrications.com

I use a older Bernard gun run by a old Linde wire feeder sitting on top of a old Linde 250 amp power source. I use only the .035 wire-- I forget the spec & all but its the copper coated wire.

I really like it, and the more expensive copper plated wire handles so well, it will make ya look it.

I'm not doing any real fancy welding with it; 1/8 to 1/2 inch plate sort of stuff mostly, making brackets, doing repairs, fabricating stuff out of angle and square stock, that sort of thing.

"Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
    Author:
    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.