Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Baileigh 800 Tubing and Pipe Notcher

All the rest are for hobiecrafts This one is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by FATFAB View Post

Who has $7500 dollars to spend on a tubing notcher?
    For 90 degree notching, i use a "Williams Lowbuck" mechanical notcher cost 300 dollars, and can make a accurate notch in 30 seconds, no drill, or hole saw needed. For angle notching, i use my Lathe like a horizontal Milling machine. I made a tool that fit in the lathe toolpost, this tool holds any size tubing i want, then i place the the correct size end mill in the Lathe Chuck, turn the handle on the carriage and feed the tubing into the end mill, just like that $7500 dollars Baileigh machine.
    call me cheap, or resourceful, creative, whatever you want, I get the notch done right every time.

Quote Originally Posted by FATFAB View Post

Except that notcher will collapse thinwall tube. The JD2 beast is hands down the most universal notcher on the market, I am not saying it is the best, if you are only notching a certain style of tube or pipe a dedicated notching system will be king, but if you need something to be universal to accomplish a wide variety of notches in a wide variety of materials the beast will be hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by aspeyrer View Post
    Who has $7500 dollars to spend on a tubing notcher?
    For 90 degree notching, i use a "Williams Lowbuck" mechanical notcher cost 300 dollars, and can make a accurate notch in 30 seconds, no drill, or hole saw needed. For angle notching, i use my Lathe like a horizontal Milling machine. I made a tool that fit in the lathe toolpost, this tool holds any size tubing i want, then i place the the correct size end mill in the Lathe Chuck, turn the handle on the carriage and feed the tubing into the end mill, just like that $7500 dollars Baileigh machine.
    call me cheap, or resourceful, creative, whatever you want, I get the notch done right every time.
    I have used this machine it is the kind. Will out notch any other setup I have ever seen. Fast simple to operate cost effective. Far and away the best notcher I have ever used. If you can afford it. lol

Default Depends on the type of metal you're using.

Most of the holesaw types will work well on mild steel tubing, but if you're using CM, you'll find it's very easy to break teeth off . An endmill notcher , like a Mittler Bros. for example, works great on everything, especially in a production environment. Like most have said here , you get what you pay for.

RicG
    Miller Big Window Elite helmet
    SP-175Plus 220V MIG
    GE 180 amp "buzzbox" (Learned on it in high school!)
    Lotsa tools, hand, power and specialty
    +25 year ASE Master Auto Tech/L1/Truck

I love my Notchmaster. The first time I tried it I was actually very surprised with how well it worked.

Well it depends how much you are going to invest, for good results you have to invest more, tube nocher line consists of several different styles of machines including die and punch, hole saw, abrasive and end mill style notchers.
    you can also use Pipe/Tubing Notcher which make perfect joints for clean secure welds. Use with your electric drill or drill press.i hope you will have enough information