Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default antithief projects

How complicate(max) job for a fellow with a tow truck?
    Have idea?

If a guy really wanted to steal the 4x4 it wouldn't take much effort to remove the castle nut from the steering linkage and slide the lock off of the pittman arm.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

It's not a Harley so you don't really need a lock anyway.

Nice work though..I still think the best anti theft device is a good alarm system for a bike. That way they can't just pick it up and walk off with it.
    Just because you have one, doesn't mean you have to act like one.

Miller 212
    Hobart 135
    Miller 375 X-treme
    Really antique Sears Arc N Spark
    O/A Torch Setup

Quote Originally Posted by purplewg View Post
    I still think the best anti theft device is a good alarm system for a bike. .
    I prefer a Pit Bull with AIDS chained to it!
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Quote Originally Posted by nocheepgas View Post
    Sure ...... and have some meathead throw him a chunk of hamburger with rat poison in it ......They DO mean things like that, ya know ...

Personally, I think the best protection for bike, car, truck, or hoome is a nice .357 Magnum with hollowpoint or Glaser rounds. Either that, or a double-barrelled shotgun. Anyone lays a hand on your ride, you punch his ticket right there .....

Man!
    Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by SpyGuy View Post
    Sure ...... and have some meathead throw him a chunk of hamburger with rat poison in it ......They DO mean things like that, ya know ...

Personally, I think the best protection for bike, car, truck, or hoome is a nice .357 Magnum with hollowpoint or Glaser rounds. Either that, or a double-barrelled shotgun. Anyone lays a hand on your ride, you punch his ticket right there .....
    Go with the Glaser's. Much safer as far as ricochet and shoot through are concerned. I like your approach though.

Quote Originally Posted by nocheepgas View Post
    Dogs are one of the easiest security systems to get around. People have a misguided sense of security with dogs. They can be put down quick. Never risk your dog to protect belongings.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionManiac View Post
    Go with the Glaser's. Much safer as far as ricochet and shoot through are concerned. I like your approach though.
    Glasers are great, aren't they? lotsa stopping power, but not enough for doing collateral damage ....

The bad part of town .....

I have a shotgun loaded with a round of rock salt backed up with 00 buckshot, if the rock salt doesnt get their attention the buckshot does