Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what keeps it from spinning

Nice work Arthur,

It looks like it should work good, so long as the two ears cant be forced from behind the machine surface of the rotor.

This is just a thought and it sounds like you have other methods for security in the works. But I have seen the cycle carriers that fit in a receiver hitch that you pick up the front wheel and strap it on and drive away. Since I have no clue how the trans is set up I don't know if this is something to be worried about.

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Default antithief projects

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    what keeps it from spinning
    http://img29.imageshack.us/i/dscf6015.jpg/

OK? What you think?

tom37
    This skooter is 120kg. No problem put on the truck.
    Thank You!

I think you've done a good job. I have one of the "U-Bolt" type locks for my Harley and it saved me from it being stolen once. The lock on a Harley is a joke. One good rap with a hammer and it breaks off. That's why I always lock my front wheel. When I was going to Daytona, groups of thieves traveled around in pickups and lifted any bike they wanted to steal into the bed and were off. Didn't make much difference how you had it locked. We countered this by connecting several bikes together with aircraft tiedown cable and a big lock. Thieves are always looking for the easy target and your solution should deter any but the most serious.

now thats cool
    if you dont know its there you would never find it and even if so would be hard to get cutters to it
    nice job

I wouldn't want to have to carry the motorcycle one around with me but I see much promise on the 4wd design. Nice work on both.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

These are all well and good, though again won't stop a fellow with a tow truck.
    Other than the basic starter kills, the only sure fire way of finding out quickly where your rig is with a GPS.