Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Passavation

Default Passavation

Anyone have exp in the passavation of 304 stainless welds?

Default Passivation

Quote Originally Posted by Dingus View Post
    Anyone have exp in the passavation of 304 stainless welds?
    It's called "Passivation" and is a process used to increase the metal's corrosion resistance. It's usually done by first chemically cleaning, then immersing in a nitric, citric, or sodium dichromite acid bath, temperature and time controlled.

This may give you some ideas where else to start searching for some more information.

Hope this helps

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Thanks Dave! My spelling can be a little off at the end of the day. I have used places to do this for me in the past. I'm looking to purchase an in house machine. Contacted a rep that is coming down to set up a demo.

Default "Passiveness"

Quote Originally Posted by Dingus View Post
    Thanks Dave! My spelling can be a little off at the end of the day. I have used places to do this for me in the past. I'm looking to purchase an in house machine. Contacted a rep that is coming down to set up a demo.
    Dingus: Let us know how it works out!

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.