Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Hey Pro!

Nice to see you showing your work here as well as NastyZ!!!

Man! You are putting in such nice detail work that it will be tough to imagine you taking that monster down the track when it's done!

Hope all the rules stay consistent so you don't have to change much to be comp legal!

Catch you around!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
    Hey Pro!

Nice to see you showing your work here as well as NastyZ!!!

Man! You are putting in such nice detail work that it will be tough to imagine you taking that monster down the track when it's done!

Hope all the rules stay consistent so you don't have to change much to be comp legal!

Catch you around!
    Thanks Kamikaze. I changed the "camaro" panel one last time. This is the one I think I'll stick with. Still have a fair amount of tweaking & aligning to do & a couple small side panels to make.

Default Any Progress?

No new updates in the last month, making any progress?
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Nothing lately. This is my busy time of the year with signs (mostly road construction & heavy equipment). Things should slow down in a month or so. Gotta' make hay when the sun shines.

It's been a few months since I've been able to do any serious work on the firewall. Yesterday I did some welding & grinding. I need to get the sheet metal around the intercooler inlet & outlet welded in, then I'll be able take the intercooler out to get at the seams to do some planishing. There's a couple panels on each side to do yet to get it closed in.

Nice to see you haven't forgotten her! Slowly but surely I suppose. My project has been about the same...it'll be nice when it runs!
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Thanks On Fire. Gettin' closer. When I pulled the window seal off today I found some rust in the usual spots on the left & right lower corners. Got the passenger side patch panel welded in, still have the Drivers side to cut out & weld in. Then I'm gettin' pretty close to giving it a coat of "self educating" primer.

Well it took about a year, but I finally have the firewall in primer. There's still body work to do, but I wanted to get it covered so it doesn't rust again. Hot & humid today, so I have the A/C running to dry it out, yea, that's it, I have it running for the primer. lol.
    I'll be setting the front end on this afternoon. It's going to be a job, the front end needs a LOT of tweaking I'm afraid.

Firewall cover set in place, roughly.

Last edited by pro70z28; 05-30-2011 at 12:25 PM.