Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Problem with welder cart

Not sure if this the right place or not. Sorry in advance if it's not. I bought my MM180 about a year ago. The front caster broke off where the shaft attaches to the top of the wheel. Does anyone know if Miller will warranty this?

Don't know if they would warranty it or not, but I'd just weld it and be done. Just bore a hole through head of the stud, be careful as it holds the races together too, put th remainder of the stud thru the hole and weld from the bottom. 15 minutes tops.

Default problem with welder cart

i have bought four miller welders. none of the carts were worth bring home. the machines especially the small ones are top heavy, the wheels on the carts too small and close together. the machines do not travel well over cords or hose on the shop floor. i have found it time well spent to build my own carts. i found that 12 inch bike wheels from junk bicycles and at least 5 inch swivel castors will get you further down the road to a useble cart. or like the man saYS JUST WELD THE CASTER BACK ON AND LIVE WITH IT.

Thanks for the tips. I threw the wheel out- DOH! Gonna just buy another set of wheels from HF.
    Proud owner of a MM180!

Posting Permissions