Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default NHRA U.S. Nationals

did any of you guys see the u.s. nationls this past weekend ?
    did you see the argument between john force and tony pedregon ?
    it got pretty heated...
    SyncrowaveŽ 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed

Yes, it was pretty entertaining. My wife and I were supposed to make the race but a few months back we decided to buy a new house so the travel money had to be used for that. We will be there next year.

I think John was ready 2 whoop some a$$. I love him , he's still so passionate for sport.I go to Bristol every year and always make a point to talk to him. That man is high on life.
    Dynasty 200DX "Blue Lightning"
    Bernard 3500ss water-cooler
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Tennsmith 36" stomp shear
    Fixer upper 1968 Redface Lincoln sa200
    Powcon 300st

Default John Force blew his cool bigtime at the Nat'l's.

Watched Dave Despain's inteview with JF from Friday of the race weekend; John went on and on about how he changed since his wreck. However, his actions on raceday showed it was all for show,like he described his behaviour on the "Driving force" tv show( "just makin' movies!"). First, he manipulates the race outcome by taking a very obvious dive against teammate Robert Hight, allowing him to get into the Countdown. This shows he's all about the business end of the sport, so the heck with the fans. He's said it's car vs. car, driver vs. driver when team cars meet for years. Then, Robert hight shuts down early against Teammate Ashley Force-Hood. allowing her to become the first woman to win Indy in Funny Car. When Tony Pedregon calls him on this, Force jumps into Tony's face and has to be restrained by NHRA personnel, ON NATIONAL TV! HE does it AGAIN in Tony's pit. As far as I'm concerned, hHe's just the same loudmouth he's been for 30 years, and probably did enough to damage the public view of the sport than all the good he has done to promote it. I hope NHRA steps up and fines him like they did Whit Bazemore when he got into Ron Capps face a few years ago.
    For what it's worth, I'm a Del worsham fan.

Ric
    Last edited by rixtrix1; 09-10-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    Miller Big Window Elite helmet
    SP-175Plus 220V MIG
    GE 180 amp "buzzbox" (Learned on it in high school!)
    Lotsa tools, hand, power and specialty
    +25 year ASE Master Auto Tech/L1/Truck

Quote Originally Posted by rixtrix1 View Post
    Watched Dave Despain's inteview with JF from Friday of the race weekend; John went on and on about how he changed since his wreck. However, his actions on raceday showed it was all for show,like he described his behaviour on the "Driving force" tv show( "just makin' movies!"). First, he manipulates the race outcome by taking a very obvious dive against teammate Robert Hight, allowing him to get into the Countdown. This shows he's all about the business end of the sport, so the heck with the fans. He's said it's car vs. car, driver vs. driver when team cars meet for years. Then, Robert hight shuts down early against Teammate Ashley Force-hood. allowing her to become the first woman to win Indy in Funny Car. When Tony Pedregon calls him on this, Force jumps into Tony's face and has to be restrained by NHRA personnel, ON NATIONAL TV! HE does it AGAIN in Tony's pit. As far as I'm concerned, He's just the same loudmouth he's been for 30 years, and probably did enough to damage the public view of the sport than al the good he has done to promote it. I hope NHRA steps up and fines him like they did Whit Bazemore when he got into Ron Capps face a few years ago.
    For what it's worth, I'm a Del worsham fan.

Ric
    Robert Hight blew up before the finish line. Hard to win a fuel funny car race when you go up in smoke and the other lane runs all the way through.I never saw or heard of John going into the Pedregons pits , I don't believe that really happened. Get your facts straight.
    Dynasty 200DX "Blue Lightning"
    Bernard 3500ss water-cooler
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Tennsmith 36" stomp shear
    Fixer upper 1968 Redface Lincoln sa200
    Powcon 300st

i lost a lot of respect for john on monday, but don't believe pedregon's side of the story either. Him and his brother have a tendency of lying, if you ask one of them they will tell you that they restored their dad's front engine dragster, when the real side of the story is that Pat Foster busted his a** on that car and never got payed the full amount. the Pedregon brothers only payed the first half of the bill. long story shot Pedregons are full of smoke, i don't believe Force is a cheater, but it was obvious that it was his doings that got Height into the countdown.

~aaron

Default "Everything is FINED"

According to NHRA, Force was assessed a $10,000 fine for having physical contact (bumping) with an NHRA official.

Must be paid before he can compete in the next event.

Force has the right to appeal.

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Quote Originally Posted by davedarragh View Post
    According to NHRA, Force was assessed a $10,000 fine for having physical contact (bumping) with an NHRA official.

Must be paid before he can compete in the next event.

Force has the right to appeal.

Dave
    That fines a joke, John probably makes that in an hour or at the most a day.

When I get home I wanna watch the race recap but really teams do this all the time in racing, in nascar you let a team mate lead a lap for bonus points, F1 you actually let you teammate pass for the win. Any time you allow teams this will happen and John has the largest team in NHRA. If John did what he's accuesed of who can blame him he wins either way.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson

Default Only Team Force knows what really happened

As for JF going into Tony's pit, it was on TV, so that is absolutly correct. I was so disgusted I didn't watch the rest of the race, so didn't see RH blow up. That, too, could have been "arranged"; just a couple gallons less nitro in the tank, or whatever. I just saw that his speed was 30+ MPH slower at the finish, even though his ET was only a tenth behind Ashley.This isn't about who's the biggest JF fan or who will defend him to the bitter end. What he did was wrong. I just think NHRA should have given a larger fine and a suspension for a race or two, but it's only recently that they have actually faced up to inequities in the sport and even started mentioning fines , suspensions. Used to be there was never any mention of anything negative by NHRA. Regardless of why anything happened at Indy, it was bad for the fans, and bad for the sport. Just to show I don't hate the Forces, here's a pic of my youngest son with John's 2 youngest daughters:
    Miller Big Window Elite helmet
    SP-175Plus 220V MIG
    GE 180 amp "buzzbox" (Learned on it in high school!)
    Lotsa tools, hand, power and specialty
    +25 year ASE Master Auto Tech/L1/Truck

the only fans that will feel cheated are cruz fans. im sure robert hight's fans were really happy.
    of course force took a fall, but he kind of had to, to get his other car, robert, into the chase. dont blame him one bit, sadly, its all a business.
    im sure he would have loved to get another possible race win, especially indy.

we met force and cruz at the gatornationals, and both are stand up guys, really cool.

i love the old days of any racing. 60's and 70's and early 80's. now its all just a business.

leonard
    SyncrowaveŽ 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed