Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truck Skid

Quote Originally Posted by BryanDowdy View Post
    I just want something that will go with the truck better than blue.

I sloped it so the whole skid would be around the same height. I did not want anything sticking up taller than the cab either.

Thanks
    Painting the welder will likely kill the resale value of the machine, but if that is not a concern the have at it.

Now I understand about the oxygen bottle, I was thinking about it being laid completely down as opposed to standing straight up. I agree, I don't like having the valve on the oxygen bottle as the highest thing on the truck either.
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Quote Originally Posted by c wagner View Post
    Painting the welder will likely kill the resale value of the machine, but if that is not a concern the have at it.

Now I understand about the oxygen bottle, I was thinking about it being laid completely down as opposed to standing straight up. I agree, I don't like having the valve on the oxygen bottle as the highest thing on the truck either.
    Yeah. It will prob never be sold, it will just get moved to the older rig.

The bottle is also sloped to clear the tailgate.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanDowdy View Post
    I just want something that will go with the truck better than blue.
    You know they sell red welders right. All tho I prefer stainless myself. Your skid looks nice. What kind of work do you do?
    '08 F-350
    Vantage 400
    SA-250
    SA-200
    Invertec V350Pro
    Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
    Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
    Track torch

Quote Originally Posted by Rig Hand View Post
    You know they sell red welders right. All tho I prefer stainless myself. Your skid looks nice. What kind of work do you do?
    Haha I'll keep that in mind.

I do everything from heavy equipment repairs (Farmers, Construction business, etc) to steel building to fencing. Pretty much anything people call for. I don't do any oil field or pipeline, if I did I would not have a bobcat. I did think about going in to oil field, but it has slowed down so much here I just kept doing my own deal.

Default Duh

My bad. I just now realized you have a website that probably would tell me would kind of work you do.
    '08 F-350
    Vantage 400
    SA-250
    SA-200
    Invertec V350Pro
    Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
    Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
    Track torch