Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck Skid

Default Truck Skid

I figured I would post some photos of my skid. Next project is to repaint the welder black. Positive and negative comments welcome...
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks good did you build those reels yourself? im really tired of rolling mine up all the time by hand.
    Syncrowave 250
    Millermatic 210
    dialarc 250
    spectrum 375x
    trailblazer 302
    Lincoln 135

nice build. nice and compact.
    i called about a price on a skid from ACE manufacturing two months ago and still haven't got one. ( so i won't be buying from them)
    TB 325
    TB 302
    dynasty 200sd
    spoolmatic 30a/wc24
    suitcase x-treme 12vs
    miller 211
    evolution rage 2

Quote Originally Posted by vin-man welding View Post
    i called about a price on a skid from ACE manufacturing two months ago and still haven't got one. ( so i won't be buying from them)
    Wow.... That is not like them. Fire a PM over to CWagner on here - Clay is a Product Co-ordinator (or something) at ACE, and I am sure he will take care of it for you.

Mr Dowdy - Very nice skid. Clean, Compact, and Simple. 10/10.
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by vin-man welding View Post
    I'll send you a pm with my email address, send me an email at your earliest convenience and let me know what you have for a truck, a welder and any options in specific that you are looking for. I'll try to get you a price by the next business day. I'm not sure who you spoke with but my best guess is it got lost in the shuffle, my apologies.
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Quote Originally Posted by BryanDowdy View Post
    I figured I would post some photos of my skid. Next project is to repaint the welder black. Positive and negative comments welcome...
    Why do you want to paint the welder black? It looks pretty good, di you slope the oxygen bottle because of space requirements? Nice job on the reels as well!
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Very nice! I like the bottle racks. Hard to tell how balanced it would be hanigng on a hook, does it stay level when you lift it up?
    Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
    Millermatic175
    MillermaticPassport/Q300
    HTP MIG200
    PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
    ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
    DialarcHF, Radiator-1
    Hypertherm PowerMax 380
    Purox oxy/ace
    Jackson EQC
    -F350 CrewCab 4x4
    -LoadNGo utility bed
    -Bobcat 250NT
    -PassportPlus/Q300
    -XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic15A
    -Suitcase8RC/Q400
    -Suitcase12RC/Q300
    -Smith oxy/propane
    -Jackson EQC

Quote Originally Posted by strictlycarved View Post
    looks good did you build those reels yourself? im really tired of rolling mine up all the time by hand.
    Yes I built them. They are the second set I have made. The first set used trailer hubs and the current set I used sealed bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by c wagner View Post
    Why do you want to paint the welder black? It looks pretty good, di you slope the oxygen bottle because of space requirements? Nice job on the reels as well!
    I just want something that will go with the truck better than blue.

I sloped it so the whole skid would be around the same height. I did not want anything sticking up taller than the cab either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrider33 View Post
    Very nice! I like the bottle racks. Hard to tell how balanced it would be hanigng on a hook, does it stay level when you lift it up?
    The sq tubing going around the welder with a hook on top is where I pick it up. The placement of the hook is dead center for balance. The sq tubing is part of the skid, so the welder frame does not have to hold any weight.