Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clamps

I buy the 6CR Visegrip, the 11sp, and the really big mama jama, 24sp. Expensive but worth it for the throat depth. I usually use the swivel pad version because the other style tends to crush square tube (just a bit) when you have it set hard enough to hold everything in place. Takes more time to metal finish stuff out and get it ready for powdercoating/painting.

Ive used their sheet metal pliers...and the welding pliers...but they arent worth the extra cost. I can buy 2 or 3 more 6R's or 8R's, and weld some steel plate to them for the same job. They dont look as pretty, but its a bunch cheaper.

I dont clamp really heavy duty stuff though...usually the most I work with is .120 wall.
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Bessey WSM welder's 90 degree clamps