Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Welding Tatoos?

I've watched this tread since the beginning, and seen some very interesting 'takes' on the subject.

From my own experience-
    I've been around tattoed folks alot, and don't think they are any big deal.
    In the Service, lots of folks have, & get more of them, and I've been to countrys with some of the best tattoo artists on the planet-- that worked almost for free.

But, I never got one.
    Something that keeps rolling around in my head is a comment I heard a long, long time ago from a guy who'd worked at the maximum security, state mental institution, for the criminaly insane.
    ---------The patients in there, weren't never gonna get out and go home.

He made the observation once,
    "No,,,,,,,,, you don't have to be crazy to get a tattoo,,,,,,,
    However,,,,,,,,,,,, ALL!!! the crazy people have them".

Last edited by Winger Ed.; 10-06-2007 at 09:55 PM.
    "Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
    Author:
    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

Smile Welding Tattoo's

All right this is a older thread but lets see if it has some new life????

was sitting in my favorite spot tonight getting rid of some turkey if ya know what I mean.

Well for a while i have been wanting a new Tattoo and trying to figure out just what i want has been hard.

I love skull's and LOVE to weld plus love even more then those two items are my little girls, Kyra 5 and Andi 4 years old now.

so if anyone has any welding tattoo's or know where i can get some more idea's post them up.

If ya have any how about some pictures.

Railmen
    2007 Trailblazer 302G
    2004 Invision 354MP
    1999 60 series feeder
    2005 Maxstar 200DX
    2007 CST280
    1999 HF 251-1
    older Hobart hefty wire feeder
    Hyperthrem 600
    Maxstar 150S(such a cute welder)
    had and sold........
    2003 XMT 304CC/CV
    1947 Lincoln SA200G short hood
    1963 Lincoln SA200G
    1975 Lincoln SA200G(best machine ever had )
    1970's Lincoln SAE400G
    2 Maxstar's 200DX's
    1 Maxstar 200SD
    CST 280
    2 CST 250
    MM130

Railmen

Before you get "inked" check this out and let me know what you think.
    Nick
    http://www.freedom2inc.com/bodyart.html

heck, I was always happy with the little rub-on ones, that come in the crackerjack boxes

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Before you get "inked" check this out and let me know what you think.
    Nick
    http://www.freedom2inc.com/bodyart.html
    That ink is more difficult to put in the skin and doesn't look as good as the REAL ink that is used for tattooing...if someone is not sure about "getting ink" DON'T DO IT! Until you are sure that's the design you want. The idea of a tattoo is a PERMANENT LASTING MARK not a fad... ok i'll get off my soap box now
    Dynasty 200 DX runner
    Sync 350 LX
    XMT 300 w/D74 and roughnecks
    Hobart 135
    ESAB PowerCut 875 plasma

Default Another dog pissin on the tree.

Lol!! Anyways. I have six tattoos. I only regret one of them. It's a matter of taste, location and skill. I have to wear long sleeves to cover them up completely. I like riding my bike with a sleevless shirt though to show them off. Oh well, I will get on with it.

A welding tattoo huh? Interesting concept. I've seen the stickers on windows of trucks showing the upper body, lead and arc. I think that would be hard to shrink down to fit on a body unless you want it on your back and then more than likely it would be a true back piece. Most artists will tell you that the little fine details are virtually impossible to portray in ink. It's a toss up as to who you go to and how much they are going to charge. I had so many done by one artist that I actually started getting a price break. Take that into consideration when getting some ink.

One idea...Stainless diamond plate welded to the flesh jagged edged. Upraised plate in the center with child's, wife's, etc name in that. Smoke coming off the burned rod held by lead and off the last section of tattoo like it was freshly done. You could even add the ground clamp in somewhere for goo measure.
    Bobcat 225
    Radnor o/a
    An assortment of
    other tools and toys.

The one DANO!

I have one on my foot. It is about 1 1/2 inch in diameter. I call it the "splat tat".

Big old molten center of a circle went right down my shoe. I knew better than to wear low tops but it was supposed the be a quickie job...
    Just because you have one, doesn't mean you have to act like one.

Miller 212
    Hobart 135
    Miller 375 X-treme
    Really antique Sears Arc N Spark
    O/A Torch Setup

tee shirts are less permanent

Dont be a bunch of pusses, and get a **** tat. I have my share of tats from the corps, and I seriously wouldnt mind getting a Miller tat, if miller paid for it!
    If you want peace, be prepared for war!

I would NOT get one welding related, but that is me. I get enough scars on my head and rest of my body that people that know welding, know where mine came from.
    I like tatoos, but welding tats sound kinda (really) G@y !