Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Thumbs up 2009 Jegs/Miller Electric Comp Shootout

I personally wanted to congratulate the winner and runner-up to NHRA’s North Central Division “Jegs/Miller Electric Comp Shootout” that was held this past weekend down at Beech Bend Raceway Park in Bowling Green, KY. This race is held in conjunction with the final North Central Division, Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event of the year. The 4 top Competition Eliminator point earners throughout the season run in a 4 car laddered shootout (#1 vs. #3 and #2 vs. #4) during qualifying for the event. The winner was Brian Browell who won a $2,500 cash award and the runner-up was Steve Ambrose who won a Miller Diversion 165 w/ foot control. Miller is proud to be a co-sponsor of this series for the second straight year because we understand, and are happy to support, the passion and hard work that these sportsman racers give to their hobby on a weekly basis.

Best of luck to all the racers in 2010!
    John Swartz
    Miller Electric Mfg., Co.

John.Swartz@MillerWelds.com

Mr Swartz,

As a Comp racer in Division 1, I'd like to thank you for supporting the class and sportsman racers in general. And, as I'm sure you'd like to know, I carry a Dynasty 200DX with me to the races. I've done several trackside repairs for other racers with it and I'm extremely happy with it's versatility.

John, I would like to second what 190 just said. As a long time member here and S/G, bracket racer in Div.3 I really appreciate Miller's support to the sportsman world of racing. There are quite a few pro racing teams out there that buy all kind of tools and that is great for every one. There are many thousands of "regular guys" out there in the sportsman ranks of all forms of motor sports that buy also! Thanks again for recognizing that! JEFF
    200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

While im just a little guy with a 10 second weekend warrior, I'd also like to thank you guys at miller for what ya do.... I also have repaired a few guys cars at the track with my dynasty 200dx, last one was a cracked aluminum ls1 oilpan from a hard wheelstand....
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

Hey Bad, My brother has an 02 SS with 4100 real miles on it. No power windows and the higher factory rear gear. I keep telling him it is the perfect stock eliminator car; or at least to put a laptop to it and have some fun! He has had some 10.50 street cars so it would be a fun deal to come to the modern age! Not trying to high jack this tread! JEFF
    200DX 350P 625 Plasma & other stuff I forgot

Quote Originally Posted by jeffscarstrucks View Post
    Hey Bad, My brother has an 02 SS with 4100 real miles on it. No power windows and the higher factory rear gear. I keep telling him it is the perfect stock eliminator car; or at least to put a laptop to it and have some fun! He has had some 10.50 street cars so it would be a fun deal to come to the modern age! Not trying to high jack this tread! JEFF
    They are fairly easy to make quick, part prices have come down alot since they came out. Tell him to check out ls1tech.com, hardcorels1.com. Im finally breaking out of the "budget" setup, I hope to run 9.90's this year.... not that fast, but pretty cool for a stock bottom ended N/A 346 imo... I cant complain about anything, Ive got 70,000 miles on this engine this year its going to get freshend up...
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)