Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Talking Whistlin Trailblazer 302

I read before on earlier threads about the trailblazer 302 when you finish up a rod you would here a whistlin sound. Well it is true you can hear it. I was working with another welder last week he was running an ole 200 lincoln, this guy was impressed with the welding ability of the 302, I had him thinking blue before the project was finished. We were welding 30" casing pipe for underground road bores 1100 feet in 40 foot sections various lengths, he was tickle to death hearing that whistlin sound. Now to all you 302 owners if you heard that sound ,I figured out what it means,"THAT SURE IS A PURTY WELD THERE PODNER :
    ;
    /22x45 concrete slab with 2 overhead cranes(trolley style with electric hoist, huge shade tree to weld under
    33x33 enclosed shop when its to cold or windy outside
    miller 210
    miller 875 plasma
    victor oxy/accet
    unihydro 45ton ironworker
    miller 180 tig
    ole lincoln ac/dc buzzbox
    milwaukee power tools
    and everything in between
    2007 trailblazer 302
    Bailiegh 210 miter saw-2008
    Beer Fridge
    6000# cat forklift
    36" port-a-cool fan
    Dake G-75 Belt grinder
    3035 Spoolgun

I was shocked the first time I used my 302 with E6011 on alternating current! It makes the strangest noise! Kind of a buzzing, hissing, humming, space ship type noise. I remember what the tig guys said about there dynasty's when they turned up the frequency, and it reminded me of that. Scared me though, I was building a fense in the rain and had to used AC!!

Why did you use AC in the rain? I used to have an AC engine drive and it would shock the ____ out of me on wet ground! I've not had near the problem using DC.
    Jim

It was used drill stem that wouldn't take DC. The arc was just going nuts, so I switched over to AC and no problem. About the third day on the project it rained for a couple hours and I was very very VERY careful not to touch anything that was in the welding circuit!

[QUOTE=shade tree welder;18146]I read before on earlier threads about the trailblazer 302 when you finish up a rod you would here a whistlin sound. Well it is true you can hear it.

I definitely heard it from my tb302.When others notice I tell them its the super charger winding down: I am very pleased with the TB302 so far, been running 6010,7018 and tigging mild steel& aluminum with it and getting excellent performance so far. A friend of mine run it the other day and cussed his little red box