Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I know I'd be interested in see more especially your damper systems. I think one of the things I need to redo on mine is the stacks. I have a 24" dia. smoker too and the stack is 3" id and I may not have made the stack long enough either.

Here is an inside view of the damper opening between the firebox and the horizontal tank.

The Vert-damp picture is the other one. I don't seem to have one with the linkage on the damper from the rod over to damper to open and close the damper.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just because you have one, doesn't mean you have to act like one.

Miller 212
    Hobart 135
    Miller 375 X-treme
    Really antique Sears Arc N Spark
    O/A Torch Setup

excellent build. I've got a tank hiding behind my shed waiting for me to do the same thing.
    Millermatic 180 Auto Set

Thanks purplewg i'm going to try to modify my smoker and hopefully the dampers will make it easier to maintain the heat. Is there a rule of thumb you use to find your stack height and diameter?

Thumbs up Congratulations

Congratulations purplewg on winning with your smoker on Instructables!!!

Nice job on the smoker and great write up. Thanks for sharing.
    Millermatic Passport Plus
    Millermatic 200

Millermatic 350P with Python
    XMT 304 /w S-64 feeder and 12VS
    Dynasty 300 DX
    Thermal Arc 400 MST
    Victor O/A
    Premier Power Welder for my trail junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
    Thanks purplewg i'm going to try to modify my smoker and hopefully the dampers will make it easier to maintain the heat. Is there a rule of thumb you use to find your stack height and diameter?
    Hydro, PM me your email and I will send you a spreadsheet to calculate this.

Miller 212
    Hobart 135
    Miller 375 X-treme
    O/A Torch Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
    Congratulations purplewg on winning with your smoker on Instructables!!!
    Well, I thank you but I didn't win the grand prize ( little itty bitty smoker lol) but I did win some book. I knew I wouldn't win. Who would pick a smoker as a winner when the sponsor makes commercial smokers. lol It was fun though.

Miller 212
    Hobart 135
    Miller 375 X-treme
    O/A Torch Setup

Thanks purplewg I appreciate it PM sent.