Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cart and leed hangers for my Stick-Mate

Nothing fancy here. I dont have alot of room so I wanted to be
    able to stash the Stick-Mate away under a shelf when not needed.
    Also it will make it handy to roll out to the end of the extension
    cord and then I have 50' leeds to the street. It gives me enough to
    work if there is something on a trailer or just not enough room in the driveway.

All done and ready to work.

I threw this pic in to show the tweco connectors and the strain relief I used on the leed as well as the power cord.

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

I like it, simplicity is a good thing.The lead hangers are cool, did you use pipe sawn in half? I cant tell from the photos please elaborate on the hangers .Thanks Mike

The hangers are 3" EMT cut in half and the flat is 1/8" sheet cut to about a
    7" circle and cut in half. They are welded on the inside of the EMT since it seems when I weld in a place that I cant grind, everything goes to he!! in a hand basket. Murphy's Law I guess. But I only had one bad weld and it was because I had boogies in the nozzle and they took a dump right on top of a nice bead. You can see just a tiny bit of weld on the angle iron side where there was a small gap at the top.

FYI to Miller!!! My hats off to you for building such a FINE machine, (MM211 AS).

Tom

Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Thanks Tom, I appreciate the info.Mike

Smile Cart for Stickmate

Thanks for posting the pics. I'm building a similar cart, but didn't have the creativity to come up with the lead hangers like yours. I'm welding the frame with my Stickmate, and some of the welds aren't so pretty, but it's getting better. Maybe I'll get up nerve to post some pics when I'm finished. For what it's worth from a newbie, your cart looks great.

Thanks nctox,

I welded the cart with my new 211 just cause its such a cool new toy. Believe me man if I welded it with the ac/dc machine the out of position welds would not be the nicest by any means. I need to practice more. On the flats I can get the scorpion tail maybe 75 percent of the time. I need more work on my control.

And I always figure if someone can point out problems with my welds then I better listen and try to learn from it. Especially if they are going to take the time to point out my mistakes and offer help. I hated school with a passion, but here I want to learn. Go figure.

I dont have a pic yet since the paint is wet and I cant hang the power cord. I went out there tonight and thought the cord looked half @ss hanging on the handle. So I bent a little tab and welded it to the center of the handle. Then used a 4" piece of round stock welded to the top edge of the angle on the stinger side of the cart. Just to hold the stinger so it does not fall and drag while I'm cruising around the garage. It was 2 tiny changes but I will try to get a pic loaded by Saturday

Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.

Projects and Misc Albums

Quote Originally Posted by tom37 View Post
    Thanks nctox,

I welded the cart with my new 211 just cause its such a cool new toy. Believe me man if I welded it with the ac/dc machine the out of position welds would not be the nicest by any means. I need to practice more. On the flats I can get the scorpion tail maybe 75 percent of the time. I need more work on my control.
    Tom37
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Looking forward to the final pics. And I too, wasn't very fond of school, but I'm starting a welding class tonight. I will probably be the oldest person there.
    Nctox
    [B]Stickmate LX 235AC/160DC
    HH210

Default Welders

Nice looking cart, the simple designs usually work the best and always look good in my opinion.

How do you like the stickmate? I saw one on craigslist for a decent price, but I dont know how old it is. And I need to stop spending so much money but I just got into a welding craze this summer.

Also, I know everyone loves the MM211, but what are your thoughts? I am looking to pick one up before school starts and just wanted some reassurance.
    Welding Engineering Student

Hobart Champion 4500
    (Hopefully adding MM211 soon )

How do you like the stickmate?

The only other machine I have used for stick is a Legend on the service truck at work. So I really cant compare, since I had Never welded anything before I used the Legend. I dont have any complaints with the stick mate. I do think I will try running AC like I have said in another thread, to improve my skills on DC.

I know everyone loves the MM211

Yes I Love the 211

It is hard to believe there is so much difference in brands but there really is. My old machine is a Clarke and it has laid many nice beads, but I really have to work at it. Unlike the 211. I cant explain what it is but with the 211 I can actually see the metal just about drop out and just whip a tiny bit and it fills right in and looks great. The Clarke would be one or the other, I could never find the sweet spot on my but welds. I always ran both sides. Its just hard to explain how much more control I have now.

I will keep the Clarke for flux, that way I dont risk having the 211 take a fall off the top of something.

nctox, Good Luck with the new class. I'm sure that being the oldest wont be that big of a deal. At least you wont be the youngest.

Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.

Projects and Misc Albums

Here is the last two additions. They arnt much but I'm sure they will get used every time I get it out.

Paint isn't perfect but I plan on using it, and not having it in a beauty contest.

Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.

Projects and Misc Albums