Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sure thing welderIVlife,

I surfed around for a while looking and looking, then during the winter boredom I just started building. I sorta made the 3-d thing as I went. I think the most important part is to keep the plane the same where the two bolts hinge the brake. Most of mine is 1/4" plate, but the leaf is 1/2" AR plate that came from the scrap pile at work. I did the bevel on it with the grinder and should have not left the 1/8" at the bend edge. Maybe 1/16" would have been better, for a better corner but I was scared that it would chip. Since I do not have a mill or a very good drill press, I used 1/2" bolts and a piece of DOM with an inside dia just a fuzz larger. And a piece of angle to line the pivot point. Then cut the space for the handle to fit after it was all welded. I wasted a few inch's but it was the easiest way for me to get it all straight.

Here is one of the 3-d pics I did for it.

Here is the site that has all my bender pics, if you would like to take a look. I believe that if you choose the dwg or the sketch up file, that you can download the actual file and use it in the 3-d program that it goes with.

http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend/BenderBrake#

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )