Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default A new service cart for the extra's

This is bought not made . Sorry but for $170.00 I couldn't see the
    time and money to make one. Its a HF special of surprisingly High
    quality, considering its source. The drawers all have ball bearing
    slides and latch's to keep them from opening while in motion. The
    casters are 4 or 5 inch all swivel and 2 of them lock. I added 2 pieces
    of 1 1/2" flat stock to each side for a place to store my grinders.
    I really didn't realize just how much little stuff I have that relates
    to welding, that is until I got it all in one spot. And WOW its really
    nice to walk to one place and slide a drawer open, instead of chasing
    all over trying to remember where I left something the last time I used
    it.

Oh yes I know its not made in the U.S. but I have to make my choices,
    and the new MM211 took most of my money.

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Hey, Tom.
    That's a good idea. I'm always spending more time looking for something than welding. Maybe I should go to HF! Are they on sale?
    Good idea for the grinders, too.
    Burt
    Miller Thunderbolt XL
    http://www.10FtDrillBit.com

OH BOY, Yes it is on sale, I just cant remember for sure when it stops. I want to say the 28th. But please dont hold me to that date.

Well I simply love this thing! I think I was the worlds worst about laying things down and covering them with something. Now I can roll this cart to the door if I am outside or I can leave it sit where it is if I am indoors. I am still trying to get used to it, having everything right there.

I got lucky since when I found it at HF and it was out of stock, they said a few were on the truck coming the next day. I went the next afternoon fully expecting to hear one of to responses. 1 Being It wasn't on the truck. 2 Being its all the way to the front and we wont get it till tomorrow. Lucky me heard them say we have 2 unloaded, would you like one.

HF said they dont last long, so if you want one at the sale price then maybe try to get a rain check just in case.

Tom

Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

I have often thought of buying one for my shop

Well its been a few days since I got it filled up. The bad news was not a surprise !!! There just was not enough room. But I think that goes with any type tool box. I think if I had a perfect world I would have several of these carts for the weld, wood, and just the Misc B.S. stuff and keep a large roll around for the mechanic type and specialty tools.

It is a complete and total joy to walk to my cart and know on the way over there which drawer I need to get in. The only down fall I experienced is I leave the lid up, and last night I had one of those brain moments and left the O/A bottles turned on since they are behind the cart so I didn't look at them on the way out. At least when I remembered and came home at noon the house was still standing. The Acetylene bottle has a small leak in the valve, and I lost about half my gas. The bottle goes back to Air Gas Monday after work. It was a bad situation but a good lesson learned. Tonight I printed a sign to hang on the shop door, (O/A Bottles need to be OFF) . That should help me remember. I hope.

Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.

Projects and Misc Albums

I agree, sometimes buying makes sense especially considering the amount of work, even comes painted.