Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Wire Welder and Plasma Cutter on Same Cart?

I've found some items and materials to make a Free mobile cart to hold my wire welder, an Argon gas bottle, and a future plasma cutter....

My question has to do with putting both of them on the same cart. Do you see any problem with the welder and plasma cutter spaced 4" apart and both facing outward and on the same cart?

Thanks,
    Bill

Cool

Sounds alright to me, but you are the guy pushing them around...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

The one thing to be leary of is that you dont restrict air flow to the machines. As long as no vents are blocked you should be ok.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

I plan on doing the same thing with a Spectrum 375 and my Hobart EZ125, so I guess I don't see a problem either. Post pictures when you get it done please.
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

George,
    That is what I did....
    I was careful to make sure I wasn't blocking any cooling openings/fans etc.
    So far, so good.
    LJ

MM210 w/3035 Spooler
    Stars & Stripes BWE signed by Andy

TA185TSW w/Miller Radiator 1
    Miller Spectrum 125C
    Victor O/A
    Parker Plasma 40

Default lots of room

Bill make sure you can protect your wire because the plasma can send the sparks all around and they may pit the wire
    smokin ana grinnin for 20 years
    Owner MARKS MOBILE WELDING
    trailblazer 302
    hobart suitcase mig
    miller 30a al spool gun
    laramy plastic welder
    brocco cutter
    pipe beveler
    all walter hand tools

Default How often is the "Side Door" opened on the wire welder?

Cart is almost completed. I'm using the "hammered" paint. In placing the wire welder on the cart, I can put it to the left side. If I do place it on the left end of the cart where the handle is, I will have to always move the welder to open the side door.

Are there many times when the door to the wire spool and adjustments has to be opened? Will this be a big problem?

Thanks,
    Bill

Default Welder & Plasma Cutter on same cart

I'm a hobbyist, after I justified my first mig machine (Millermatic 135) - I had to built the cart. Then there was the project that the 135 couldn't do - in came 200DX tig setup, and another cart... The angle grinder works great for most work, but I "really needed" a cutting torch - a Spectrum 375 fit the bill - and another cart? No I built a second story attachment to add to my TIG cart. Works great!

Steve

Default Got a picture?

Steve,
    Could you post a picture or two of you carts?
    Once the wire is loaded, do you get into your side panel very often?
    Thanks,
    Bill