Mother-in-law is having more and more troubles going up and down stairs. So I tried to fix her porch up a little. I wont show any pics of my hand rail at home since I DONT like it, but here is a few of the railing at her house.
I ran .035 Lincoln inner-shield, about 5 on voltage and around 27 or 28 on wire speed on the frame portion. On the uprights I ran between 3 and 4 and about 22 on the wire. I was a little disappointed in my work because of the splatter. But I forgot the pam spray at home and possibly I could have had the settings just a little better. All in all I was happy in the end, It ended up square and level even tho the porch is not.
Sorry I didn't get any close-ups of my beads.
The post are 1 1/4" x 1/8 square tube.
The rails are 1 1/4 channel.
And the uprights are 1 1/2 x 1/8.
I couldn't decide until it was time to fill in the uprights, but I set them 4" apart and turned them on angle inside the upper channel. Its kinda a different look from the normal 1/2 or 5/8 square tubes. I think I like the way it looks, its kinda growing on me. Mother-in-law loves it so all is good.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
08-15-2009, 10:38 PM #1
A few pics of a new hand rail project.
Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
Clarke 180 EN Just in case
Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.
Projects and Misc Albums
http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )