Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i clicked on sundowns sheet metal break and tried to download the pic and it started downloading the full set of plans in PDF format. is that going to be the norm for the ones you have plans for???

P.S. the projects gallery is coming along great. it just keeps getting better and better . thanks a bunch.

you can add my e-mail to any of my projects.
    can we make up a hits or help sheet for you to add also if its ot really plans but more of a things to watch out for or an easy way to do a part of it ???
    Last edited by fun4now; 09-20-2007 at 12:24 PM.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sporty View Post
    Nick - I too have looked at your work both on this website and your own. Didn't you make the small press brake shown on the project page? If that is yours, good job.

I would like more information on how to build one also and would like to see a write up the builder supplies with the projects posted. I realize this would take more server space and I'm not sure where Miller stands on this, but it's an idea. Also it could include information on how to contact the builder if he wishes to release the info. That way interested parties could contact you on their own for more discussion.

Thanks for the idea inspiring projects you have been good enough to share.
    Yes, that is my press break. The base can be most anything of metal. Mine is
    about 1/2 " thick and of cast iron. I milled a recess the length of the base to capture the v block but you can use side rails as guides also. The upright guides are cr 1/2" round. The break bar is 1/2" x 1.5" with one edge ground down to the shape of the v block or slightly less so the bar can go to the bottom of the block without hitting the side walls. The break bar has a 1" piece of CR welded to each end and bored slightly larger than 1/2" so it won"t bind but not too sloppy. A couple of springs and you're ready to go. This is a small brake as can be seen by the 6" straight edge in the pic. I made this from stuff I had laying around the shop. Other than the cold roll, I'm not sure what the other is. It's handy to make a crisp bend on heavy stock which is hard to get on a regular bender. That's where the v block comes in. Hope this helps. That is also my metal bender( red and blue) in the gallery next to my magnetic torch holder.
    Nick
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press