Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Almost forgot the spool gun.

[/QUOTE]

Tom37 - Let me know how you like the spool gun, please. I'm thinking of getting one myself even though I have a Tig outfit. Would make it quicker to weld some larger pieces.

Best of luck on the regulator. As I said, I solved my problem by switching regulators. Now all is good and so far, I really like the 211. Only thing that struck me was when I pulled everything out and started setting it up was the "Made in China" stamp on the work clamp. Come on Miller. Charge me a couple of extra bucks and put in a "Made in the USA" clamp.

The reg is defiantly bad!!! I didn't have a chance to call today, but I did mess with it after work tonight. If I have the low pressure backed all the way out and open the bottle ( per the book ) for a time of 5 to 10 minutes to test for leaks, I find that the low side will rise all the way until the needle hits the stopper.

Thank You M K Swelding

Osu, As soon as I get a chance I will post pics of it in use. ( Beads that is )

I sure hope I dont end up disappointed. I chose the 211 instead of the passport due to the slightly higher duty cycle and the slightly higher amps.
    Dont get me wrong. I DONT think I will be disappointed in the 211 as a machine and what it will do. The passport just has a few more features. I think that I read about several different machines to many times and started letting the specs run together. I know that this is an EXCELLENT machine, lets just see what I can do with it in a few days.

Sporty, I will surly put a post up as soon as I try the spool gun. Again I just dont know how soon that will be.

The last few weeks we have had pretty mild temps here and now this week its royal HOT. At my day job I go hard till the work is Done, regardless of the weather. So sometimes when I get home I kick back and and try to soak up a little cool low humidity air.

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Speaking of hot, at 5:00 this afternoon it was 105 in my shop. Glad I got my welding chores done before noon.