Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Finished Welded Art

Here is my latest creation. It is a John Deere 70 tractor with a mounted No.100 one row sugar beet harvester. Titled "1950's Harvest In The Yellowstone Valley".

It is "all" welded with a Millermatic 130 using .023" wire. This was commisioned by a friend who owns a John Deere Dealership. It came out so good I started making two more. One for myself and another to sell.

For this one I had to snip out 400 sugar beet leaves from 22 ga cold rolled. The hardest part was the tractor rear tires. Had to make a mold in oak for half a tire, beat the sheet metal into it. Weld the two halves together down the center, grind it back, weld the tire bars on at each end, then grind the tire bar welds back. Tried bending 5/8" rod but it wouldn't bend smooth enough. I probably have about 250 hours in this.

Jan.14,10 The two that I have finished took me 120 hours each. Made both at the same time. Less time then I thought. Kept a time log. Got them finished and immediately sold one to an aquaintance in Oregon.

A former neighbor has commissioned me to do an International Harvester Model M with a mounted two row cornpicker with wagon in a corn field. Can't wait to start on the corn stocks. Something different. Have the tractor about done. See Ref. below:

Follow the creation of the IH Mounted Cornpicker
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1617847962

See how this one was made: Just click on the photo to go next.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...2&l=8862cd394e

Last edited by kmomaha; 02-17-2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Adding URL references

Unreal amount of detail on that - great job!

WOW

I'm sorry but I am somewhat at a loss for words, other then thats incredible.

Great work kmomaha.

Miller 211 A.S. and Spoolmate 100
    Stickmate LX 235 AC / 160 DC.
    Clarke 180 EN Just in case
    Spectrum 375 X-Treme.
    O/A Medium Radnor Torch, Large Victor Torch.
    Milwaukee 14" Chop Saw.
    4 x 6 Horizontal Band Saw.
    Rockworth 80 Gallon 2 Stage 16 SCFM @ 175 PSI , 15 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
    Jackson Passive shade #5 for the plasma.
    I almost forgot the Hobart XVP AD Hood.

Projects and Misc Albums
    http://picasaweb.google.com/keesfriend Feel Free to Have a Look ( Just keep in mind I am an amateur )

Cool

Great job. That's real artwork...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Default I commend you on your work

looks good.I also bet you are a very calm person with a lot of patience.Among other things the tire molding is above and beyond, Others may have just gotten a rubber tire somewhere,but details like that are what make you a craftsman.Mike

As your others...........very nice work
    Nick
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

That is without a doubt one of the finest welded sculptures I've seen. Excellent. Now you know what you will be when you grow up.

Cool.... Very very cool. How did you get the coloring?
    DYNASTY 200SD
    COOLMATE 1
    MM140AS
    SPOOLMATE 100
    SPECTRUM 625 X-TREME
    SPECTRUM 125C

I have a 1954 JD 70 and like to restore the old machinery so your tractor is special. But your workmanship is Awesome, just plain Awesome.

That is fantastic work. And talk about patience I wish I had just a sample of yours.
    Your work should be submitted in a contest.