Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Does anybody have any 200DX settings for tacking 3/32" and 1/8" stainless filler rod together to make various things?

Mostly T-joints (the end coped) or corner joints, various angles.

I am thinking of a single pulse/spot, to be repeated in other spots if an all-round weld is desired.

Just a line-it-up-and-hit-the-pedal kind of thing...

???
    Last edited by Marcel Bauer; 01-03-2010 at 05:23 PM.
    "If you build it, they will come!"

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Bauer View Post
    Does anybody have any 200DX settings for tacking 3/32" and 1/8" stainless filler rod together to make various things?

Mostly T-joints (the end coped) or corner joints, various angles.

I am thinking of a single pulse/spot, to be repeated in other spots if an all-round weld is desired.

Just a line-it-up-and-hit-the-pedal kind of thing...

???
    Sounds like you need to do alittle trial and error testing. I'd use 1/16" tungsten at least if not .040. You need to go into your hidden menus and lower your start amps for sure.
    Dynasty 200DX "Blue Lightning"
    Bernard 3500ss water-cooler
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Tennsmith 36" stomp shear
    Fixer upper 1968 Redface Lincoln sa200
    Powcon 300st

Has anyone else noticed on the new dynasty 200's the start parameters go back to the default settings after an extened amount of down time? I didn't use my 200 for about two weeks, and when I powered up and struck an arc, it was a little different. So, I turned it off and powered back up holding the process and amp button's, and it came up on the 3/32nd tungsten size. The last time I used it I had a 1/16th in it that I set the start for. It's not a big deal just wondering if anyone else noticed this?
    Dynasty 200 DX runner
    Sync 350 LX
    XMT 300 w/D74 and roughnecks
    Hobart 135
    ESAB PowerCut 875 plasma

Mine hasnt done this, but it hasnt been turned off for that long yet. I usually leave it on unless I am gone a few days.

78 hours on it so far, 99% tig. I sure like the machine, and no serious error codes yet.

Sounds like the battery for the microprocessor could be the problem if it has one.
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    Mine hasnt done this, but it hasnt been turned off for that long yet. I usually leave it on unless I am gone a few days.

78 hours on it so far, 99% tig. I sure like the machine, and no serious error codes yet.

Sounds like the battery for the microprocessor could be the problem if it has one.
    That sounds like it could be the cause, but just wondering if anyone else noticed this change. Not a big deal, just need to remember to check start parameter when its been off for a week or so.
    Dynasty 200 DX runner
    Sync 350 LX
    XMT 300 w/D74 and roughnecks
    Hobart 135
    ESAB PowerCut 875 plasma

I hope this is an acceptable place to ask this question....

If I were looking at a used Dyansty 200 DX (serial number LH250xxx) which would indicate a mid to late 2007 pre-Blue Lightning machine.

My question is does it still have the adjustable wave AC wave forms without Blue Lightning? My understanding was the Blue Lightning and adjustable waves were both part of the new firmware/HF boards.

Is that not correct?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Smile New to Forum

Hello Everyone
    I am new to the forum and after reading some of the posts I can see this is going to be a great place to get some hands on information. I have a new to me Miller Dynasty 200 DX and am in the process of getting it hooked up. I have done a quick read through the manual and found that it is somewhat intimidating at first glance. I am sure I can learn a lot from the manual and the information provided by Miller on their site as well as what I can pick up from the forum.
    Would it be appropriate for me to ask any of the memebers of the forum that own a Dynasty 200 DX that may have perameters that have already been tried and work to share some of this information with me.
    I would be interested in settings for aluminum,carbon steel and stainless steel from sheetmetal to 1/4" thick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mechanic434

Quote Originally Posted by ccm399 View Post
    I hope this is an acceptable place to ask this question....

If I were looking at a used Dyansty 200 DX (serial number LH250xxx) which would indicate a mid to late 2007 pre-Blue Lightning machine.

My question is does it still have the adjustable wave AC wave forms without Blue Lightning? My understanding was the Blue Lightning and adjustable waves were both part of the new firmware/HF boards.

Is that not correct?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
    Well I little more digging on the subject and I believe I found my answer. This thread: http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...Blue+Lightning indicates that The Blue Lightning and AC Waveshapes improvements happened at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic434 View Post
    Hello Everyone
    I am new to the forum and after reading some of the posts I can see this is going to be a great place to get some hands on information. I have a new to me Miller Dynasty 200 DX and am in the process of getting it hooked up. I have done a quick read through the manual and found that it is somewhat intimidating at first glance. I am sure I can learn a lot from the manual and the information provided by Miller on their site as well as what I can pick up from the forum.
    Would it be appropriate for me to ask any of the memebers of the forum that own a Dynasty 200 DX that may have perameters that have already been tried and work to share some of this information with me.
    I would be interested in settings for aluminum,carbon steel and stainless steel from sheetmetal to 1/4" thick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mechanic434
    I have several basic settings for you (these are for a Dynasty 200 DX from 2007). I only included the thinner materials because it's generally much harder to weld (for me anyways).

.102" Aluminum, fuse weld outside corners
    3/32" Lanthanated electrode
    100 amps, Balance 70
    AC freq. 120 Hz
    Argon

.064" Aluminum, fuse outside corners
    3/32" Lanthanated
    69 amps, Bal. 70
    AC freq. 200 Hz
    Argon

.048" 304 Stainless, fuse INSIDE corners
    1/16" Thoriated
    DC 130 peak amps
    Pulser: 2.0 Hz, 15% peak time, 5 background amps
    Argon
    (Very little to no burnthrough with no back purge)

.048" 304 Stainless, fuse inside corners
    1/16" Thoriated
    DC 30 amps
    Argon
    Last edited by Marcel Bauer; 01-16-2010 at 07:29 AM.
    "If you build it, they will come!"

Smile Dynasty 200 DX Settings

Marcel;
    Thanks Marcel I really appreciate the information on the settings for light gauge Aluminum and Stainless Steel.
    I have ordered a Bernard 2500 Cooler and a water cooled torch which should arrive next week from the Local Prax Air supplier. I will give these a try once I get set up.
    I expect I will be asking for additional help as I start using the machine. I have a backlog of home projects that will put the Dynasty 200 DX to the test. It am sure it will make things a whole lot easier then trying to make do with my old AC Buzz Box.

Thanks

Mechanic 434