Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy View Post
    When looking at the specs for the Dynasty 350,I notice that to get above the 200 amp range you need 3 phase input power.As a hobbyist with no 3 phase in my garage my current dynasty 200DX is about all the amperage I will be able to get with a plug in unit? Mike
    Only the Rated output/100% Duty cycle changes you still get 350 amps on Single Phase
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Mike,
    That is not true.
    I know the specs are a little misleading.

That machine can hit 350A on single phase no problem.
    The machine's duty cycle is just less.

Andy

Okay ,That is good to know.Looking at the product info for rated output it definately gave me the impression maximum peak amperage output was limited with one phase.The directly proportional relationship of phase/duty cycle is good to know.I think the product should be advertised at 350 amp max output on single phase if it can do it.That would help clarify its capabilitys for the home user or those without 3 phase.Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy View Post
    I think the product should be advertised at 350 amp max output on single phase if it can do it.That would help clarify its capabilitys for the home user or those without 3 phase.Thanks Mike
    It IS advertised 350 amps Single Phase

This is from the Product Literature on the Web Site

Ed Conley
    MM252
    MM211
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by ASKANDY View Post
    FATFAB,

There are many hidden menus in the 200. Each is excessed by turning the machine off and pressing a series of buttons on the front panel while turning the machine back on. Depending which buttons are pressed and held will bring you to different menu functions.
    These are all outlined in the manual.

Let us know if you still get stuck.

Andy
    Thanks. What I was asking about (I know I did not state this ) was settings for the pre blue lightning models like arc start settings and such and why I would want to set them ar a given setting?

I think this kind of information would be handy to have here.

I think KB has mentioned the settings he used on his first 200DX but finding them is daunting at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    It IS advertised 350 amps Single Phase

This is from the Product Literature on the Web Site

That may be true But if you click on products on theMiller home page then click the dynasty 350 Icon those particular specs state max output at 225 Amps with single phase.Mike

I can't find anything that states MAX output.

On the right hand side under specs it states RATED output 225amps

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/tig/dynasty_350/
    Ed Conley
    MM252
    MM211
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Broc,

With the Dynasty 350, the max ouput is 350A. Doesn't matter whether you're operating the machine on 1 or 3 Phase. Only thing it changes is the duty cycle at a given amps.

Same with the Dynasty 200 which has a max output of 200A.

Just part of the numbers game Miller and their competition came up with.

For us oldtimers, we got accustomed to the Syncrowave 250 actually being a 310A machine. Many referred to it as a 250A Sync but that was not accurate. Seems that all the manufactures have gotten closer to there actual max output when "naming" their machines, particularly with the inverters.
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    I can't find anything that states MAX output.

On the right hand side under specs it states RATED output 225amps

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/tig/dynasty_350/
    Your right it does say rated output but to a novice like myself thats a little unclear.I enjoy hobby welding,,I would like to get a Dynasty 350 or something similar with more output than my 200DX, in the distant future.(I still need to get up to speed with my 200) My point is when I read the specsfor the 350 I was dissapointed because I thought that I would be limted by single phase. Im just saying as far as advertising the product to its full selling potential it could be a little more clear.Mike

Default Dynasty 200 DX

I am trying out the spot function, I cant seem to be able to set the spot time, it seems to be fixed at about one second??
    I would like to go below one second if possible. I dont see anything in the manual about changing the length of time while in spot mode.
    Anyone have any input on this?
    mike sr