Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Lincoln Ranger 405D

Hey Guys,

Well, although my blood runs blue I have gone and added a red component to my fleet. I have been watching the net for the last couple years for a 400amp+ engine drive and a month or so back a Lincoln Ranger 405D appeared. It has done 2500hrs but on a budget and considering this is the first multi-process engine drive that has come up in two years, beggars can't be choosers.
    I have done a couple jobs with it now and it runs like a clock, I am really happy with it.

So now I want to know all there is to know about my new toy. I don't have a manual and my LWS Lincoln agent is a bit slack. I am told that it is made for the NZ/AU market but I cannot find any information on the net other than this brochure.

http://www.kerrshire.com.au/_edit/op...tor-welder.pdf

Does anyone know anything about these machines? In particular I would like to know what the 14pin layout is so I can hook up my spool gun etc.

hopefully this reaches someone who know something about my machine but all the same, merry Christmas and a happy new year

Nick

Default Found it.

I have found a link for a manual.
    http://www.sveiseeksperten.no/sites/...r_405D_Eng.pdf

This may help somebody out in the future.

Problem is that it was made in Australia, for that particular market, so we in North America, will never see one. Even the wiring diagrams are Bizzare.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Even the wiring diagrams are Bizzare.
    Of course, everything is upside-down, they are on the bottom side of the globe.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Yeah being upside down is a real issue for us down under. Plus side is we are real good at head stands when we get back on top😄

I was hoping to draw a response from someone else living upside down.

So so far I am very happy with it, power is good and the arc is crisp and smooth.