Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Do you start dollying the bead asap?

Ex: Spot weld, quickly dolly, let cool slowly, go to another area of the panel and repeat. Keep repeating entire seam is filled with spot welds.. right?

I like the cut off wheel trick on a die grinder. Works great for removing spot welds as well.

Thanks for your time
    http://www.dkGoodrich.com
    EFI Tuning Solutions
    106lb/min 11k RPM 1.8l

I use 3M 2" discs on my die grinder, I don't remember what they are made of but they are designed to run cooler you can even grind with them wet, which really helps preventing heat build up.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

what about using reverse polarity? wouldn't that put less heat into the sheet metal?

Thnaks

Default Need some advice TIG welding patch panels

on thin stuff like that ... i always use tig (pulse)
    depending on how good you are with the tig pulse is the way to go.... if you dont have a fancy machine .... use the pedal as a pulse.... this is easily done that way too!! not big fan of buttons or switches ... but either pulse or use your pedal! its basically doing several tacks as you travel!! back step your welds also... and if you see a small gap on your travel ... keep pulsing using "lay- wire technique" ... hope you know what i mean ... otherwise i think i would stick with mig in that case!!!
    enjoy