Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speedglass

love my speed glass helmet. i have not had any problems with mine.

We had several speed glass helmets at work they didnt last very long had the same trouble you mentioned with going off. ours would do it right in the middle of a weld. so we switched back to huntsman best we have had so far.

Thanks, for the info. i bet i don't have 200 hrs on this helmet. Todd

Hey Squig or others that are having problems with their speedglass, if you are getting rid of it or throwing away. let me know I will take them all.........Just contact me thru email or PM here.. Thanks Dave.

My Speedglas 9000X is either 5 or 6 years old now. Still have the same OEM batteries. I use it 5 or 6 days a week. I manually turn off the helmet vs. letting the 1/2 hr timer turn it off. Never had a lick of trouble. The only quirk I've found to the helmet is that is does go back to shade 3 (non welding) during a weld once in a while, but that is either because I'm in such a tight spot that my hands are shielding the helmets sensors, OR that my outer lens is so darn dirty that the sensors are not getting a clear signal for Arc On-time. Pretty much the same issue both examples. I just move my head so the sensors aren't obstructed anymore, or change the outer lens. No big deal. LOVE THE HELMET. Am thinking of buying a new 9002X and using the one I have now for a back up.

Later,
    Jason

Default 9000x

WILL ONE OF THE MODERATORS PLEASE THROW THE "MAKE MONEY AT HOME" OUTTA HERE??!!!!!!!!!!
    anyway....
    I bought my speedglass 9000x and the original batteries lasted almost 3 years. 2nd set I put in (Energizer was all the drugstore had) lasted 3 months. I'm on the 3rd set now.
    When I'm welding around pipe, it blocks the sensors and I go blind.
    When I'm doing regular tig on the table, sensors cut out 1/2 the time.
    Regular mig and stick; good 100%
    Just bought a Miller Elite and will use it only for tig (don't want to ruing the graphics). For around pipes? $40 huntsman....
    Last edited by Bert; 03-18-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: grammer
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time