Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default More Pics from School. Mig Beveled Plate Root and Filler bead.

Here are two pictures from school. The first is my root and the second is my filler. Let me know what you think. I will have some pictures of the cap bead when I go to class next.

I had two instructors check in on me, and when I was done they were both amazed as to how nice they came out. One said," Your makin' me jealous!" I think they are good...

I am not looking forward to the overhead beveled plate...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    They don't call me Lucky for nothin'.

Looking Awsome Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d:d:d
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Just curious what school you were going to. I dont live very far from you.

College of the Mainland. They can add you to the class anytime of the year. I paid about $305. If you want, you can PM to talk more.

Thanks for the comment!

[QUOTE=Lucky;17760]Here are two pictures from school. The first is my root and the second is my filler. Let me know what you think. I will have some pictures of the cap bead when I go to class next.

I had two instructors check in on me, and when I was done they were both amazed as to how nice they came out. One said," Your makin' me jealous!" I think they are good...

I have a few questions:

1. What model MIG machine did you use?

2. What were the voltage and wire speed settings?

3. What size wire did you use?

By the way, your work looks GREAT!

Outstanding!!!!
    What position were you in?
    Was it open root or was a backing strip used.
    I can tell you have great technique and that is very important when welding.
    again outstanding.
    Dave

It was open root. This was a flat position beveled plate. After this I move on to vert then overhead..... I am not a fan of overhead...

I believe after beveled plate comes the last thing which is pipe.

Thanks for the comment!