Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Lets see your tig carts!

I'm looking for ideas because I'm going to build one for my be Dynasty200 and coolmate 1. I wanted to see what you guys (the experts) have come up with and make my own design. I like the one miller makes but I wanted something that is a bit thinner i.e. tank in the rear as space in my garage is tight. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mark
    DYNASTY 200SD
    COOLMATE 1
    MM140AS
    SPOOLMATE 100
    SPECTRUM 625 X-TREME
    SPECTRUM 125C

No takers huh? Oh well I'll post mine up when I finish it
    DYNASTY 200SD
    COOLMATE 1
    MM140AS
    SPOOLMATE 100
    SPECTRUM 625 X-TREME
    SPECTRUM 125C

The first thing anyone should do who comes here with a question is this:

Use the search engine, that's what it's there for.

There are hundreds of examples of 'shelves on wheels', ie-tig carts.
    Also check here:

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtalk/

--dseman

Do a search for "dynasty cart" there is a thread with many pages and many pictures. I am actually trying to come up with something I like for my mobile welding I do that does not cost $300+ like the 2 miller carts that work for the dynasty.

-Dan
    Owner
    DW Metalworks LLC
    Miller Trailblazer 302
    Miller 8RC Feeder
    Miller Passport Plus
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX W/Coolmate 1
    Hobart Handler 135
    Hypertherm PowerMAX 30
    Smith O/A Torch Set
    Plus more tools then my wife will ever know about....

Quote Originally Posted by dseman View Post
    The first thing anyone should do who comes here with a question is this:

Use the search engine, that's what it's there for.

There are hundreds of examples of 'shelves on wheels', ie-tig carts.
    Also check here:

http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtalk/

--dseman
    I did the search under dynasty 200 cart, and tig cart, but I got like 20 pages of unrelated junk.
    DYNASTY 200SD
    COOLMATE 1
    MM140AS
    SPOOLMATE 100
    SPECTRUM 625 X-TREME
    SPECTRUM 125C

Hi UL60LCHIEF,

I am guessing from your user name, that you are somehow involved with the Blackhawk helicopter.

I had a really bad day at work about 33 yers ago ane took the next day as vacation. On my day off I went to the Navy Recruiting Center at 401 North Broad Street in Philadelphia.

Talked to a recruiter about enlisting as a Navy pilot. Took all the tests and passed but my eyes were 20/30 so I didn't make it.

So I went to a local nasty bar and drowned my sorrows.

Then many years later, I heard that I could possibly sign up as a warrant officer in the Army and fly helicopters.

By then I was too old and flabby to serve so I kept my day job and dreamed.

Sorry for the life story - I have a Dynasty 350 and am working on a cart for it as well as the cooler that I have for it.

I plan to make it using 1 1/4" square stainless tubing as I have some left over from a sign project. Handles will be 1 1/4" diameter round stainless tubing.

Why stainless? - most likely because I can't paint to save my life and I always get fisheyes and runs.

Anyway, I will post photos as I get them.
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Default Here's mine

Left over 1" square tubing and diamond plate. Some all terrain tires and a bunch of time later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Failure To Plan On Your Part,
    Is Not An Emergency On My Part!

When you build something Idiot Proof..
    Someone builds a better Idiot!

Scott S.
    Jasper AB
    Canada

Dynasty 200DX

Quote Originally Posted by pcwelder View Post
    Left over 1" square tubing and diamond plate. Some all terrain tires and a bunch of time later.
    Thanks, that's what I was interested in. Mine will be in my home garage so I will have to shrink that idea down a bit, but that's exactly what I'm thinking of. A cart that stacks that machines with the bottle in the back and has places to store all of the cables, pedal torch lines and rod. My goal is to be able to roll it out, uncoil the wires get to work and pack it up and roll it right back when I'm done.
    DYNASTY 200SD
    COOLMATE 1
    MM140AS
    SPOOLMATE 100
    SPECTRUM 625 X-TREME
    SPECTRUM 125C

Nice carts !

I fabricated this one out of .065 tube.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DAVE Dynasty 200DX with Coolmate 3
    Millermatic 212 Auto Set
    Millermatic 140 Auto Set