Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smoker

Default Smoker

Agri04,

You might want to search and read on these 3 forums. Lots of info about design and building of smokers and how to cook with them also.

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/index.php

http://www.phpbbserver.com/phpbb/ind...orum=smokinjim

http://www.oscarenterprises.f2s.com/build_a_pit.html

Have a great week,

Jerel
    Last edited by Jerel; 09-17-2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: added 3rd web site

i didnt use a baffle between my firebox and cooking chamber i did however weld a chute so to speak in my cooking chamber after using it i had to reduce the hole size down some to fine tune the flame in the cooking chamber remember what ever side you mount the firebox to the opposite side of your cooking chamber is your slow cook side mine will avg 25deg diff. across the cooking grill the left side will be 275 while right over the end by the firebox will be around 325 here is some pics the drawing is an idea that i saw on a largersmoker the other day the pipe between the two was around 12'' long the handle came up between the cooking chamber and the firebox. my box is welded directly to the smoker i reduced the hole in the pic to 2'' from the bottom while on the fire box side there is a 1'' riser to keep drippings out of the firebox any more questions feel free to ask. also my stack is 4'' pipe iam not sure exactly how tall around 2 feet plenty of draft though
    Attached Images Attached Images

sorry i fogot a pic the drawing of the damper
    Attached Images Attached Images

Once again thanks to all for info. I have got a good idea of how i want to build it. Also the websites that Jerel put me onto were great, I found a lot of info and ideas on them. Once I get started i will put some pictures up for criticism and pointers. Thanks to all.

k.a.m.,

thank you for all of your information it is very useful.

Talking

your welcome agri04 i hope the ideas will help now get to fabbing so we can see some pics

Wife is getting digital camera monday, post pictures as soon as i can

Default Smoker ideas

O.K. everybody, let's get all the help and ideas going on this thread because I am planning on starting a new one here in the near future. I've got a 100 gal compressor tank and a 60 gal water tank that I plan on mounting to a old boat trailer that I've got laying around. I was thinking about using the compressor tank for the cook area and the other tank as an oven both of them connected to one common fire box. Let's get the ideas rolling so Agri04 can get his built and I can get started on my next project. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

well i am ready i am glad you didnt choose a propane tank i dont think i can go another round of those

Default pictures

pictures from pit. Have lots more done just need pictures

front view

side view