Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks Jdustu. Hopefully I can do something as inspirational as you.

Thanks also FusionManiac. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Ol Sporty,

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your better half.

On a positive note, the medical advances in this particular field, have truly been phenomenal. This is largely the result of increased public awareness, and the strength and courage of those patients who preceeded your wife.

Here's to a speedy and full recovery for your partner. Sounds like she's in good hands.
    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
    More grinders than hands

**Designer of Madonna's Next Rocket Bra: BrownDogWelding.com**

Sporty: Hope the wife will get well soon. May be a long hard road, but hang in there, okay?
    Last edited by SpyGuy; 07-25-2009 at 11:28 PM.

Thank you very much SundownIII.

Hey Sporty.
    Just know that you are not alone. My wife was diagnosed 5 years ago come this December. We know what you are going through. She has been through the surgery, Chemo, and Radiation. So far she has had no recurrances. I don't think you ever can feel that you have beaten it, but with the Lord's help you can get through it. Please tell your wife that everyone's story is different. Do not let her assume that the bad and tragic things that have happened to others she may know or hear about, predict anything about her experience. All the walks and fund-raising and other efforts have helped bring the best, most current treatments to every clinic, so you don't have to go to NYC, or Mexico, or Texas. Trust your docs and work with them.
    God Bless both of you, and good luck.
    Burt
    Miller Thunderbolt XL
    http://www.10FtDrillBit.com

Thanks for all the kind thoughts fellows. Since we are early into this journey, I'm sure we'll learn much more as we go along.

JDUSTU - Please forgive me if I have hijacked your thread. That was not my intention and also thank you for allowing me to glean ideas from your beautiful work. I admire your skills and imagination.

Hey Old Sporty,

Didn't go back and read all your posts, but was wondering what your attachment to the Cobra was. Did you fly them when on active duty?

I was in VN when the Army was transitioning from the old B Model gunships to the Cobra. The Cobra was a "smoke bringer". Pulled my buns out of more than one hot spot. Was down in the Delta so our tac-air support was somewhat spotty. Can't tell you what a good feeling it was when a heavy fire team (1 LOH, 2 Cobras) popped over the woodline.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    More grinders than hands

SundownIII - My attachment to the Cobra is that I became involved in the VHPAF through my best friend of over 20 years. He flew Hueys, both slicks and guns. Also, I lost a BIL in a helicopter crash near Tay Ninh. I have friends that flew almost anything in the air in VN. I am the chapter crew chief and build, restore, or fix anything that needs it. I am not rotor rated as all my time is fixed wing.

We have a section at the Veterans museum in Tampa and have a charlie model Huey, an OH-58, an OH-6, and the Cobra which is a foxtrot model on display.

We set up an LZ at the Sun-N-Fun in Lakeland each year and display the OH-6 and have a GP medium tent filled with Vietnam era memorabilia. Fortunately for me, it's right across the street from the Miller tent. When I take breaks, guess where I am?

If you are ever down this way, let me know and I'll give you directions to the museum.

Cool,

I'll do that.

I like choppers but they don't seem to like me. Crashed (shot down) in 3 D Mod huey's during my time in SEA. Only one of those crashes was what I consider a real knockdown (7 51 cal rounds thru the front windscreen). The rest were due to small arms fire taking out the hydraulics.

I guess you get what you pay for. Seems like back then the govt. was paying about $250K/huey. Today's Blackhawk is in the millions.

Have a great day. Take care of the better half.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Hobart HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
    More grinders than hands