Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

I voluntarily removed my photos until I find out if it's ok with the challenge officials...

The photo above was submitted with my entry so I believe it's ok regardless.

I'll repost them once I hear back that it's ok.

Shane
    Last edited by qiguy; 09-05-2009 at 09:14 AM.

I only submitted the 3 photos for their judging but I understand your point. After reviewing the official rules I don't believe it to be againts the rules as I don't see anywhere that says you can't post photos elsewhere but I have emailed Nicole and asked if it is a problem. I will be happy to remove my photos if this is a problem. If I do, you may also want to remove the "quote" portion of your post to remove the copies of my photos.

EDIT: As you can see I removed the photos above, please take them off your post as well until I find out if it's ok.

Thanks.
    Last edited by qiguy; 09-05-2009 at 09:15 AM.

Unless they've changed things since last year, there's no restriction on if you're allowed to tell anyone you were selected as a finalist, or as a winner. At least they didn't tell me that at either stage.

And you are eligible to win as a Canadian.

I didn't enter this year, too many other things on the go.

I'd say the finalists and winners aren't participants in this forum, other than giguy.

Nice project by the way !! Looks like the young fella had a ball helping you make it.

Chilly

Default Great Job to ALL

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee Bill View Post
    Hey All,

I got a couple in myself. I also had a little technical difficulty being computer illiterate but thanks to Nicole it got done. I too want to say "Many Thanks" to Miller for the great opportunity to show off some of my work and have a chance to win something in the process. Good Luck to all who entered.

Bill
    Thanks to those for the kind words, but it was the least I could do to make sure your projects were entered correctly.

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone who entered. We received over 700 projects this year, which is by far the most projects we have ever received! Also, the quality of projects this year was outstanding! Kudos to all that submitted a project.

Just a reminder that PowerClick will be coming on this Wednesday, September 9, 2009! The finalists will be reveled and this is your chance to decide the Grand Prize Winners.

Good Luck to the Finalists!

Nicole
    Last edited by Miller Nicole; 09-08-2009 at 09:47 AM.
    Nicole Muench
    Internet Marketing
    Miller Electric Mfg Co

Well Nicole said it was not against any rules of the challenge to post info on your project here so I'm posting up the pics of our Air Car project again.

We're in the Moderate category. We used some 1" square tube for the frame, cut up some old bikes for the wheels and drive system. The pneumatic actuator rotates the bicycle cranks. Magnetic sensors on the cranks tell a electronic control unit what position the cranks are in to reverse the air pressure on the actuator to push or pull. Here's a few more pics.

Here my 5th grader welding, it was for his science project.

Here's a few more...

Here's a video

Now you just need a way to capture the waste gas from your taco bell and use it to fire a boiler and you're good to go cross country!
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Hey that looks like a cool project with your son, I bet you are proud! I think it's neat the way it is controlled to push and pull. How fast does it go with that set-up, and what is the range with both tanks full?

A couple things to consider if you are going to use it a lot. The front tires should angle forward several degrees like a bicyle, when you turn them they are going to have a lot of side load on them with the pivot exactly vertical, also, the axle centerline should be ahead of the pivot, not behind. Although with the fork vertical it might help the steering stay centered, with the proper rake and centerline it will still stay centered.

Also, is that brake working OK? You might want to upgrade the brake because that is a lot of weight and people to add to biking components and only have one rear rim brake.

Looks like it has a lot of potential! Good luck!

I'm guessing the battery box has batteries in it, and a little air compressor or three. You'd be limited to how long the batteries hold out while running the pump.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Default Vote for you favorite Project

Hey All,

Just wanted to let you know that PowerClick went out yesterday with the chance to vote for your favorite project in the Built It, Didn't Buy It Welding Project Contest.

Here is a link to vote and you must vote before September 23, 2009:
    http://www.millerwelds.com/challenge/

You must be a PowerClick subscriber in order to vote.

If you are not already a subscriber, sign up here for your chance to get in the contest next year!
    http://www.millerwelds.com/newsletters/

Thanks, and good luck to all of the Finalists!

Nicole
    Nicole Muench
    Internet Marketing
    Miller Electric Mfg Co