Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Default Project Challenge

Did you guys make yesterdays deadline? There has been no talk at all. I wonder why. I wonder if Miller thinks we don't appreciate their effort and
    prizes. I DO!!! Good luck to those that entered.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Yep - got mine in earlier this week. Had some technical troubles getting it sent in but Nicole Muench from Miller helped me out - Thanks Nicole
    I too have been wondering why no one has been talking about it here (Im just as much to blame too). I'm guessing everyone's got some pretty cool projects they wanted to keep secret - I guess we'll have to wait and see.....

Ok, we didn't talk about something here. I guess I missed what we are talking about. Someone care to clue me in?
    Jim

I did

sent in an abbreviated version of
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ad.php?t=16388
    as an easy project
    obviously, we hope we win
    the plasma cutter would make a mighty fine addition
    to the garage...

jim, see http://www.millerwelds.com/challenge/ for info...

I am guilty of not participating in some of those, seems I am busy around deadline time and with a lot of stuff I don't always photograph it. I need to get someone to follow up with camera and editing. Some of my greatest works are repairs. I love those when its all said and done and my helper says, that went a lot better than I thought it was gonna, ha.
    I did a couple beauts this week, one today where I fix some worn bolt holes on an implement, about 2 hrs and one last week where we dig up the county road to fix a leak in a steel pipe. We were prepared for the worst, waited out a rain shower about half an hr, move the dozer and welding truck on, we had it softened from water and should have plain hand dug but we uncover it and presto a hole right on the side about the size of a nickle, very localized. I 6011 a small welding coupon over it and we **** off and still had it compacted, graded back in in couple hrs, tools back in by noon.

Unhappy Missed It

Nope.

Did not know anything about it.Until now..

double post so I edited this one out
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Missed the last challenge and almost missed the deadline this time, but did get a few projects in. Hope I make it at least to the finals like I did before. Dave

Maybe next project challenge entries will have a side car entered, too late for this one.
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

I've asked this before on previous years.........I wish there was a way to see
    all the entries.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

I got mine project in but im not going to hold my breath on anything.